ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to Immigrate/work in UK immediately

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijitsaha2000
Newly Registered

Want to Immigrate/work in UK immediately

Post by abhijitsaha2000 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:10 pm

I am having 7 years of IT experience in Java/J2EE technology, worked in Design-Build-Test phases in different projects. Presently I am working in one of the largest IT company at Hyderabad(India) as a Team Leader.

I am looking for a change based in the UK or in a few specific EU countries, like France/ Germany/ Switzerland/ Czech Republic etc. (also in the USA/Canada).

For this, I am looking for suitable employer who can arrange work permit for me. Can anyone provide any information in this regard ?

vivekR

Job

Post by vivekR » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:48 pm

My dear friend,

I can see you are desperate. But given the approach you have made, and we can see, I can tell you for sure it does not sound too hopeful.

[......] there are no shortcuts. Try the right way and persist, and it will surely happen.

Best wishes.

Forum members are reminded of the need to keep language content appropriate. Thank you for your understanding - message edited by Kayalami

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Want to Immigrate/work in UK immediately

Post by MWazir » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:57 pm

abhijitsaha2000 wrote:I am having 7 years of IT experience in Java/J2EE technology, worked in Design-Build-Test phases in different projects. Presently I am working in one of the largest IT company at Hyderabad(India) as a Team Leader.

I am looking for a change based in the UK or in a few specific EU countries, like France/ Germany/ Switzerland/ Czech Republic etc. (also in the USA/Canada).

For this, I am looking for suitable employer who can arrange work permit for me. Can anyone provide any information in this regard ?
Consider applying for the HSMP scheme and coming here and looking for a job. This forum has invaluable information on immigration particularly to the UK. Regarding getting the job itself, I am afraid, you will have to do your own leg work. There are lots of job sites that people can point out to you. You can either apply from India but the chances of response will be low or come here and meet prospective employers by which you will stand a better chance.

abhijitsaha2000
Newly Registered

Post by abhijitsaha2000 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:57 am

mwazir wrote:Consider applying for the HSMP scheme and coming here and looking for a job.
Thanks a lot mwazir for your positive response.
How it costs alltogether for HSMP (I am in Hyderabad now and if want to initiate the process from India) ? And what time it takes ? Is there any other visa type, applicable to me ? Can I reach London, with HSMP papers and without a job offer ? In that case how much time, I shall get (as per HSMP rule) to find a job ?
Once again, thanks a lot for your very very valuable inputs.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:19 am

How it costs alltogether for HSMP
£150 for application fees. Most applicants apply themselves instead of using consultants or agencies who can charge you quite a lot more for the prevelige of posting your application.
And what time it takes ?
Current waiting time is about 26 weeks. However there are those whose applicant has been dealth within 4 weeks of submition.
Is there any other visa type, applicable to me ?
Work permit - but you need to be sponsered by an employer
Working Holiday Visa - Not sure of the requirements, but you can work for anyone but the visa is only for 2 years
Can I reach London, with HSMP papers and without a job offer ? In that case how much time, I shall get (as per HSMP rule) to find a job ?
If you have HSMP approval, you will be initally given a 1 years visa and you can come here and look for the job. There after you can extend it to 3 more years.

Hope that helps.

abhijitsaha2000
Newly Registered

Post by abhijitsaha2000 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:33 pm

Thanks a lot MWAZIR.
mwazir wrote:£150 for application fees. Most applicants apply themselves instead of using consultants or agencies who can charge you quite a lot more for the prevelige of posting your application.
Where from I can download the latest HSMP application form ?
mwazir wrote:Current waiting time is about 26 weeks. However there are those whose applicant has been dealth within 4 weeks of submition.
Any tips, to make it in less than 26 weeks, for example in 4 weeks time ?

Once again, thanks a lot friends for helping me out.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:36 pm

Where from I can download the latest HSMP application form ?
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... forms.html

Check out this link. Download the forms under the HSMP section. There is one for under 28 and one for over 28. There is also a guidelines document which you must read thoroughly.

Search the HSMP forum, all your questions have been addressed there before.
Any tips, to make it in less than 26 weeks, for example in 4 weeks time ?
Those whose application was dealth out of turn without the massive waiting period that others have been subjected to, have no idea why.

The only thing you can do is document your application solidly and hope for the best. If you do secure a job offer there is a way to have it treated urgently. Like I said HSMP forum is exhaustive with information. All you got to do is read all topics that might of interest to you.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:06 am

Presently I am working in one of the largest IT company at Hyderabad(India) as a Team Leader <===== why don't you request your company to send you overseas on a project, almost everybody "in one of the largest IT company in India" always gets a chance to go abroad....

correct me if i am wrong

abhijitsaha2000
Newly Registered

Post by abhijitsaha2000 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:44 pm

mwazir wrote:Where from I can download the latest HSMP application form ?
Any update by any member, about possible increase HSMP fee from April 2005 onwards ? Or news of any HSMP fee increase soon ?
Thnaks a lot in advance.
Abhijit

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:51 pm

The fee for applying for HSMP used to be £150. It is now £315 !

The fee increased as from 1st April 2005.
John