ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

willsk22

ILR

Post by willsk22 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:08 am

I may be being stupid, but does a face to face appointment at processing centre get an answer that day ?
As opposed to 70 % answered within 20 days for postal applications etc
Our 2yr spouse visa runs out 1st Aug - 28days that you can give application for ILR is about 4th July..... time is short for us
The reason I ask, is I am a serving soldier and unless they fancy corresponding via Helmand in Afghan this summer, i won`t be here to assist my wife (Russian)

thanks in advance for any help

Will :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 am

I may be being stupid, but does a face to face appointment at processing centre get an answer that day ?
A couple of points. Firstly, if all the required supporting evidence is produced, the application should be dealt with on a same-day basis.

Secondly, you use the term "face to face appointment" and you might have been thinking in terms of an interview. However, if you were, that would totally overstate what happens. That is, you hand over the form and supporting evidence, that is examined in front of you, and there might be a couple of quick questions if anything needs to be clarified, but to call that an interview would totally overstate what happens.

You have presumably already downloaded the form SET(M). Have you got sufficient supporting evidence?

Your wife's spouse visa .... issued in the UK? If so she can certainly apply from 04.07.08. However if the 2-year visa was issued abroad, what date did she first enter the UK using that visa?
John

willsk22

ILR

Post by willsk22 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi John,

ok, so possibly overestimated, was just thinking along the lines of the spouse visa submit etc...

Anyways, visa was issued in Moscow 27 Jul 06 and Aliona came here 01 Aug 06, (although shes spent some time out of uk - work visits home etc, this has never exceeded limits)

So we were working off 01 Aug 08 (minus 28 days????) We just have the 20+ various documents:

My pay statements (+P60`s)
Her pay statements (+P60`s)
Her bank statements
My bank statements
Telephone bills
Fuel bills
Car docs (hers)
Work contract (hers)
British Army/MOD papers relating to her clearance as a foreign subject
Tenancy agreement from MOD (we live in Married Quarters)
Various miscellania

IYHO John.... anything we need or advice you can give ? Mucho appreciated

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm

visa was issued in Moscow 27 Jul 06 and Aliona came here 01 Aug 06
If the current visa has a 27.07.08 expiry date, the earliest date the application can be made is 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of her coming to the UK = 04.07.08 ... and the latest date is the expiry date = 27.07.08.

Those pieces of evidence you list, are they spread out in time? Something in every month?

By the way, has she already passed the Life in the UK Citizenship test? Or has she still got that "joy" to come?
John

willsk22

Post by willsk22 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

Yeah done and dusted... see another post on here :D

pretyy spread out over the time and showing both addresses we`ve lived at during the time... It`s pretty evident to me that this is a genuine marriage with a view to settling.... however from previous experience of friends the system ain`t usually as straightforward as that...

thanks for help tho

Will

willsk22

Post by willsk22 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Just booked appointment for 7th July... just gotta get everything annotated and sorted in logical order etc... do they wanna see photos during the time also ??

KUMARVK

Post by KUMARVK » Wed May 28, 2008 9:57 pm

WHERE IS YOUR APPIONTMEnT, CAN SHARE HOW YOU HAVE BOOKED?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Please do not post in block capitals. On the internet that is equivalent to shouting, and on this Board such postings are liable to be deleted without warning.

There is now only one number to call to make an appointment ... at any of the 5 PEO offices around the country ..... 0870 606 7766.
John