ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Staff and Impact of Brexit

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

EEA Staff and Impact of Brexit

Post by vdrago2k18 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 am

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post this question under my own thread as it concerns employees but since this is an entirely different topic and Im asking on behalf of a friend, I've created a new thread (sorry if I was not allowed to).

Do EEA national still count (if they were hired in the new few weeks) as settled workers with Brexit and the UK's exit from the EU ?

The HO does not seem to have any answers.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Staff and Impact of Brexit

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:52 am

vdrago2k18 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 am
Hi everyone,

I wanted to post this question under my own thread as it concerns employees but since this is an entirely different topic and Im asking on behalf of a friend, I've created a new thread (sorry if I was not allowed to).

Do EEA national still count (if they were hired in the new few weeks) as settled workers with Brexit and the UK's exit from the EU ?

The HO does not seem to have any answers.
Until HO comes out and changes the rules and notifies, existing rules will continue to be in force.

Anyway, nothing is going to change with respect to EEA nationals until Dec 2020, at least.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vdrago2k18 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So if a Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicant hires an EEA national as a worker, they can still claim points ? (The friend's extension deadline is around summer 2020).

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:57 am

vdrago2k18 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:55 am
Thanks for the prompt reply.

So if a Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicant hires an EEA national as a worker, they can still claim points ? (The friend's extension deadline is around summer 2020).
I can't predict the future.

But yes, that is the case today and it will remain the case until new rules are published.

And it is unlikely, if not impossible, for HO to go back and say new rules should be applied back in time. No court will agree to that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.