ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Resident Card After Brexit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srfontanelli
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Permanent Resident Card After Brexit

Post by srfontanelli » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:26 pm

Hello there!

Do you know if after Brexit deadine, will pre settled people be able to have a Permanent Resident Card or a British Passport one day?
I was reading some information about and they were saying that no anymore, I would like some information about it.

Cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent Resident Card After Brexit

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:32 pm

See latest post below.

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 70489.html

Note that naturalisation as British citizen is completely separate and independent of Brexit and EU rules. It is UK national law that governs citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Permanent Resident Card After Brexit

Post by Richard W » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:06 pm

srfontanelli wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:26 pm
Do you know if after Brexit deadine, will pre settled people be able to have a Permanent Resident Card or a British Passport one day?
The relevant document will be a Biometric Residence Permit recording the holding of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). It may note that it is a privileged holding, but I would be surprised if it did. Most holders will become eligible for British citizenship. I don't know the timetable for PRCs issued by the UK to become invalid for travel to the Schengen area, or when other parts of the EEA will cease to voluntarily honour them.