ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence application for Surinder Singh / Medical insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yoyoyo0510
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Permanent Residence application for Surinder Singh / Medical insurance

Post by yoyoyo0510 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:14 pm

My non EU wife came to live with me in Dublin for 6 months back in 2013, we moved to the UK on a family permit that lasts for 5 years, this is just running out now, I was under the impression that it was all straight sailing from here on in but I have recently printed out the 85 page application form and have some questions if someone can put my mind at ease before sending the application off.

It says in the application that we need to provide proof of Comprehensive Medical Insurance and that this needed to be in place since we arrived in the UK?, is this correct as we have not had any insurance and was not aware we needed any, pretty sure this wasn't a requirement back in 2013 for SS applicants, if she does need it do we go and buy some now before the application is sent next month?

Lastly, as the husband I am self employed and can prove this but my wife has technically been a mother to our three young children, I keep reading about pages in the application of her needing to prove she is a student or a job searcher...

Added to the fact we had three children together, all British Citizens and have not left the UK during the 5 years in the UK.

I would be grateful for any tips or help,my mind is feeling slightly restless again ever since I printed this 85 page bloody form :)

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Permanent Residence application for Surinder Singh / Medical insurance

Post by Richard W » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:09 am

yoyoyo0510 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:14 pm
I would be grateful for any tips or help,my mind is feeling slightly restless again ever since I printed this 85 page bloody form :)
Read the form carefully. There are many sections that you do not need to complete. If you have been successfully self-employed then your wife's non-criminal activities in the UK should be irrelevant.