ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to NTL BRP application - OK to travel?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fauji74
Canada

ILR to NTL BRP application - OK to travel?

Post by fauji74 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 am

Hello All,

I seek your guidance with a dilemma I am facing.

Context:

1. I have an active ILR (sticker) in my passport from country A (Visa required country). This passport expires early Jan 2019.
2. I have obtained citizenship and passport of country B (Visa not required) recently.
3. I have applied for NTL BRP based on change in nationality using super priority service. However, in line with the experience of many members of this forum, several days have now gone past without any decision or communication of any kind from UKVI regarding my application.
4. I need to travel (outside the CTA) over the holiday period.
5. A few days ago I checked with the Home Office if I could travel to the UK using my new passport from country B, and the ILR sticker in my old passport (even once the passport has expired) from country A. They confirmed that I could do this.

Key question: Given that my ILR is active on my passport, can I travel out of the CTA while the NTL BRP application is being processed by UKVI?

Any input / guidance will be appreciated!

Thanks