ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted Set(M) online - Can't get an appointment at a UKVCAS service point

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rsychan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Submitted Set(M) online - Can't get an appointment at a UKVCAS service point

Post by rsychan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello all,

My BRP as partner of British citizen is expiring 14 Jan 2019. I have been in the UK since 15 Aug 2013, married a British citizen in 2015, have a child, etc. I've just applied for ILR with the Set(M) online application on Christmas Eve too! I am very new to everything immigration so please forgive me if I'm not providing enough info.

I chose to attend a service centre to provide documents and biometrics. I live in Falmouth Cornwall and saw there was a centre at the Truro Community Library so I thought to myself, cool, I don't have to mail anything.

HOWEVER, I am online, looking to book appointments and there are no available appointments for the next two weeks.

I am very worried. What happens if I can't book an appointment by 14th January 2019? Does my application get cancelled and my massive £2k payment goes down the drain? Do I get kicked out of the country because my BRP expires before I could get an appointment?

There are many more questions of concern in my mind but I will not post them here as I fear I sound like a madwoman.

:-(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Submitted Set(M) online - Can't get an appointment at a UKVCAS service point

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:22 pm

rsychan wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:47 pm
Hello all,

My BRP as partner of British citizen is expiring 14 Jan 2019. I have been in the UK since 15 Aug 2013, married a British citizen in 2015, have a child, etc. I've just applied for ILR with the Set(M) online application on Christmas Eve too! I am very new to everything immigration so please forgive me if I'm not providing enough info.

I chose to attend a service centre to provide documents and biometrics. I live in Falmouth Cornwall and saw there was a centre at the Truro Community Library so I thought to myself, cool, I don't have to mail anything.
you cant mail anything anyways with the new system you have to attend the centre

HOWEVER, I am online, looking to book appointments and there are no available appointments for the next two weeks.
it gives you four nearest centres, did you try changing the postcode it might give you other alternatives?

I am very worried. What happens if I can't book an appointment by 14th January 2019? Does my application get cancelled and my massive £2k payment goes down the drain? Do I get kicked out of the country because my BRP expires before I could get an appointment?
The online application date is considered as the application date so you will be fine as you have already submitted your application intime(atleast this is the case if yoir going for a standard service), once visa expires, Section 3C kicks in and your previous visa status stays till the decision is made

There are many more questions of concern in my mind but I will not post them here as I fear I sound like a madwoman.

you are more than welcome to ask any questions you have, Im sure someone will be here to help. This forum is pretty good

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Submitted Set(M) online - Can't get an appointment at a UKVCAS service point

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Did you choose the “new service” while applying before the payment?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi! Did you chose new or Existing service?
tier11417 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:22 pm
rsychan wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:47 pm
Hello all,

you cant mail anything anyways with the new system you have to attend the centre

it gives you four nearest centres, did you try changing the postcode it might give you other alternatives?

The online application date is considered as the application date so you will be fine as you have already submitted your application intime(atleast this is the case if yoir going for a standard service), once visa expires, Section 3C kicks in and your previous visa status stays till the decision is made

you are more than welcome to ask any questions you have, Im sure someone will be here to help. This forum is pretty good

I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.