ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: 10 years immigration rule

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marco_cristian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Marco_cristian » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some help please.

- Non EU married to an EU Citizen who holds British Citizenship as well
- Entered the UK on student visa
- Application for EEA2 submitted a couple years after wedding ceremony because applicant and EU citizen were not aware an application was supposed to be made, student visa expired at the time.
- Non EU citizen now holds a PR

Questions;

- Non EU citizen is eligible to apply for British Citizenship by naturalisation but will like to know if the UKVI would regard the period between when student visa expired and EEA2 issued as a period where Non-EU citizen resided in The UK illegally?

Thanks for your help all & enjoy the holidays.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Was there any gap between the date the student visa expired and the marriage to the EEA Citizen?

If there was a gap there, then you can only apply on or after the tenth anniversary of your marriage.

If there was no gap, you are good to go on that score.

On a point of interest, how many people use this account? Your post history list questions relating to an unmarried RC as well as a spousal visa under the UK Immigration Rules, in addition to this question about a PR Card based on marriage to an EEA citizen spouse.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Marco_cristian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Marco_cristian » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:48 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:21 pm
Was there any gap between the date the student visa expired and the marriage to the EEA Citizen? The marriage was held overseas while the visa was still valid and Non-EU citizen returned to the country on the same visa

If there was a gap there, then you can only apply on or after the tenth anniversary of your marriage.

If there was no gap, you are good to go on that score.

On a point of interest, how many people use this account? Your post history list questions relating to an unmarried RC as well as a spousal visa under the UK Immigration Rules, in addition to this question about a PR Card based on marriage to an EEA citizen spouse.

One user, however not all question are related to my personal circumstance. I also use it to assist family members with poor use of English Language.