ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Appendix 2 confusion.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phoenixat11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - Appendix 2 confusion.

Post by phoenixat11 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:37 pm

I will be applying for my spouse to join me but the Appendix 2 questions are giving me trouble.
Here is my case : I wll be applying under Category B salaried with same employer for more than 6 months and variable pay.
Will be providing 12 payslips and corresponding bank statements.
But how do I answer appendix 2 for this case.

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax? > £35000

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)
###I have been in this employement for 3 years now but my pay over the past year has varied ( ocassonally in the past 6 months below minimum 1550 ) even though salaried and permanent. So what do I answer? ###
Yes then 3.21 No then 3.13

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application?
(Category B)
### I was with the same employer for over 3 years now. What do I choose? ###

Yes then its asking for previous / other job details
No. Then 3.20

3.20 What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12
months prior to the application?
###What I earned in 12 months is £30000###

If your sponsor has or had more than one previous/other job, you must provide full details for each job held at Part 5. You
must also submit the specified evidence for each job detailed with your application.
###Then comes this section. Should I answer these or can I skip them. If I have to answer them then...###

3.21 Does your sponsor’s annual income (before tax) from their current salaried employment
meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yes No
###Yes i have earned £30k and current salary is £35k ###

3.22 If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the
application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the
12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

### I have been with same employer for more than 6 months and my earnings over the last 12 months is £30k ###

It seems very confusing to a commoner like me who has no experience but I'm sure people here with immense knowledge can help me out.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Appendix 2 confusion.

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:17 pm

First of all be correct yourself that you fall under category A instead category B because of being employed with same employer from the more than 6 months. And if your wages vary each month then you are a non-salaried person. In that case you will only need 6 months of payslips with corresponding bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

phoenixat11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by phoenixat11 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Thak you seagul for the prompt reply. In category A they take the lowest payslip in the sixmonths and then multiply i rea. One of my payslips in the last 6 months falls well short of 1550 minimum needed. So decided to opt the category B salaried but variable pay. I have prepared the documents likewise.

AlunaAluna
BANNED
Italy

Post by AlunaAluna » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Thank you very much everyone for not even bothering to reply to my query regarding to similar topic

I have requested now 3 times!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:48 pm

phoenixat11 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:32 pm
Thak you seagul for the prompt reply. In category A they take the lowest payslip in the sixmonths and then multiply i rea. One of my payslips in the last 6 months falls well short of 1550 minimum needed. So decided to opt the category B salaried but variable pay. I have prepared the documents likewise.
Donot go for category B rather stay on category A. If your wages vary then instead the lowest figure the average of last six months will be taken to get the annualized wages like below:

total of last 6 months wages/6*12= Annual income
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

phoenixat11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by phoenixat11 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:17 pm

But the policy notes suggest thats for non salaried variable income. I'm in a salaried permanent position where if I go by category A they would be taking my lowest wage slip in the last six months whiblch would be less than 1550 required. Hence category B.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:52 pm

phoenixat11 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:17 pm
But the policy notes suggest thats for non salaried variable income. I'm in a salaried permanent position where if I go by category A they would be taking my lowest wage slip in the last six months whiblch would be less than 1550 required. Hence category B.
Whats your last 6 months wages figures.

phoenixat11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by phoenixat11 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:05 am

Gross Monthly Salary
Nov - 2910 Oct - 2950 Sep - 600 Aug - 2800 Jul - 2800 June - 2800
Minor variations are owing to company deductions. Major one in Sep is because of unpaid leave. I wont be able to provide evidence for unpaid leave like a letter of leave from employer so decided to go Cat B on the safer side as I have allthe evidence already.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:12 am

Based on these figures, yes category B might be the safest options because your wages seems like fixed instead varying which you initially said. Yes use category B otherwise under category A HO will take the lowest figure.

phoenixat11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by phoenixat11 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:21 am

Thank you thats a sigh of relief. Can you suggest how I may fill the questions (my initial forum post) because variable pay is not mentioned in the Appendix category A/B questions rather it seems more generic.

phoenixat11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by phoenixat11 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Early help will be much appreciated :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Your apprehension is really valid because form is tricky in your circumstances where you originally fit into category A but voluntarily choosing category B which HO guidelines indeed allows. In my view you might have to fill the form in the context of category A then in part 5 and in a separate covering letter you explain your situation and the reason of choosing category B. Because if you fill the form in context of category B then HO might think that you are with your employer from less than 6 months and might ask detail about previous employers.