ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aben
United Kingdom

Main applicant ILR and Dependents PBS Extension (dependents 1 year short for ILR)

Post by aben » Sat May 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi All,
Could anyone please advise me on this.
Myselft & my three dependants' visa expires on 16/03/2019.
I am applying for ILR, but since my family joined me one year later they have to go for another extension.
I was given two year visa valid from 10/03/2014
Family given Visa valid from 15/03/2015 till 02/03/2016
Dependants arrived in the UK 22/04/2015
We all extended the visa on March 2016 till 16/03/2019.
I have the following question please answer.

When can dependants Apply for ILR, since the family arrived in UK on 22/04/2015,
a. What is the start date for 5 year, is it Visa start date or family arrived date ?
b. To qualify for ILR, how long the dependant's visa should be extended ? 1 year or 2 year ?

I found some posts here that dependant extension should be 3 years ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Main applicant ILR and Dependents PBS Extension (dependents 1 year short for ILR)

Post by CR001 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 am

When can dependants Apply for ILR, since the family arrived in UK on 22/04/2015,
a. What is the start date for 5 year, is it Visa start date or family arrived date ?
b. To qualify for ILR, how long the dependant's visa should be extended ? 1 year or 2 year ?

They qualify for ILR within 28 days before 22 April 2020.
a. Visa start date would only be relevant if they entered the UK shortly after visa issue. As they entered the UK more than a year after visa was issued, they start their ILR residence clock from date of entry.

b. It will be a 3 year extension. You cannot choose a lesser time for visa.
I found some posts here that dependant extension should be 3 years ?
Correct, becuase that is what the immigration rules clearly state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aben
United Kingdom

Re: Main applicant ILR and Dependents PBS Extension (dependents 1 year short for ILR)

Post by aben » Sun May 27, 2018 12:22 pm

much appreciated your reply, its always valuable. I would be thankful if you could clarify the following ?

1. In this case I have 3 dependents, then I have to pay NHS surcharge 200 x (3 dependents ) x (3 years) + 3
application fees? bit worried about the amount.

2. I thought of applying the Main applicant ( myself) go for ILR on one day service 4th week of Feb 2019, then apply for PBS extension for 3 years for 3 dependents by post. This is what i learnt from this forum, please advice is there any better way ( I want to make sure nothing go wrong anywhere)

thanks in advance
aben

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 am

1. In this case I have 3 dependents, then I have to pay NHS surcharge 200 x (3 dependents ) x (3 years) + 3
application fees? bit worried about the amount.
Yes. £600 each IHS plus visa fee x 3.
2. I thought of applying the Main applicant ( myself) go for ILR on one day service 4th week of Feb 2019, then apply for PBS extension for 3 years for 3 dependents by post. This is what i learnt from this forum, please advice is there any better way ( I want to make sure nothing go wrong anywhere)

Yes you can do that as long as they apply by post before their visas expire.

Don't forget that you have to also maintain £630 x 3 for 90 days for their extensions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:13 am

Thank you very much

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi,

1. With the introduction of NEW Service Centers ( I am still going through the details) main applicant going for ILR and dependents going for PBS Extension - could anyone advise me how this would work its bit confusing me ?

2. Can I still do the same as discussed before,
first Main applicant going for one day service.
then dependents going for PBS extension by post.

3. is the new Service Centers helps is it secure in anyway applying Main applicant ILR and dependents PBS Extension together ?

thank you in advance

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:21 am

Hi,

I guess I should start new topic to discuss this, according to the general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... 5-220.html the super priority services is not guarantee that I would get the decision in 24 hours as the main applicant visa and dependents' visa all expires same day.

if Main applicant apply for ILR and Depenedants for PBS Extension same day, one post suggested to ask Home office to hold the dependent application till the main applicant ILR is decided. - please give more details on this.

what are the other options ? please share your thoughts.

thanks in advance

aben
United Kingdom

The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Post by aben » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:19 am

Hi All,

please clarify these if you could.
My Tier 2 Gen visa expires on 16th March 2019, I am eligible for ILR on or after 10th Feb. what is the earliest time line for my ILR application.

1. What the earliest time to submit my online visa application ?

2. What is the earliest time to have my appointment ?

My spouse and Kids have PBS Dependants their visa expires on 16th March 2019.

3. what is the latest time to submit their PBS Extension online visa application ?

4. should they have their appointment before 16th March 2019 or before their visa expired ? I read somewhere that within two months they should have their appointment after their online application submission ?

thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:32 am

Can you do us a favour please and NOT post ILR questions in the tier 2 sub forum.

ILR questions must be posted in the ILR sub forum.

Questions about your dependents tier 2 visa extension can be posted in the tier 2 sub forum.

They are two different applications and requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aben
United Kingdom

Re: The online Application submission date - Appointment date vs visa expiry date with new UKVI's Service Centres method

Post by aben » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:16 pm

sorry, I'll do it.
thanks