ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QUERY ABOUT HSMP STAMPING APPLICATION

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vmeruga
Newly Registered

Post by vmeruga » Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi I live in Chennai, INDIA.

I am married and i will be going to stamping along with my wife.

My HSMP Application is approved on 25-Apr-2008. (It is under old HSMP process, before Tier1)

I need to know what should i do next to get the VISA.

Can some one help me writing the Steps/Check list to do for getting the VISA

1. Like what Applications should i fill before going to Stamping.

2. Where should i go to stamping?. Some people say i need to post the documents & Application

3. As i live in Chennai, Is it okay, if i go personally for stamping.(Does UK Embassay exist in chennai?)

4. What documents and Applications has to be filled by me and my wife.

5. What will be the fee?(for me & my wife). How should we pay it ?.

Please help us with the above queries..

Thanks,
Shekar

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:13 pm

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx#hsmp
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... angements/

Go through the information available on the website. Use the search tool to look for information regarding EC (entry clerance applications).

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

vmeruga
Newly Registered

Post by vmeruga » Fri May 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Thank you so much "hsmpinuk70" for the Links provided.

I could understand most of the things using the links..

After reading the Links, For Entry Clearance, I need to fill the below 2 Forms Right!. If not, Please correct me.

1.) Tier1 - General Migrant -(VAF9A MAR 2008)
2.) Tier1 - General Migrant - VAF9B

Note: My HSMP Approval happend on 25-APR-2008(before Tier1)

I have a Query on Maintainance Funds(For myself and my Wife).

VAF9A - Part7, Maintainance Requirement Section says

"Atleast 2800pounds for myself + 1600 pounds for my spouse accompanying me to UK within 12 months of my Arrival

in UK."

So, 2800 + 1600 = 4400 pounds. I need to show this 4400 pounds amount in my Savings Account for 3 months before

going to Entry Clearance ??. Please help me undersatanding on th

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: QUERY ABOUT HSMP STAMPING APPLICATION

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:03 pm

1. Yes, VAF9A and VAF9B for the main applicant. For the dependent application, it's VAF10 (guidance notes for VAF9B and VAF10 also available on VFS website).
2. Maintenance funds requirement for main applicant is GBP 2800. Add to this GBP 1600 for each dependent. So, if one dependent is applying for EC alongwith the main applicant, then yes, it will be GBP 4400.

Please note that:
1. The min. amount (GBP 2800 or GBP 4400 as the case maybe) should have been maintained in your bank for at least 3 months before aplying for EC. In other words, the daily balance should never fall below 2800 (or 4400) on any day during the 3 month period.
2. FDs/shares/EPF/PPF/Insurance/Demat etc. cannot be shown as evidence of maintenance funds. Only current / saving bank accounts can be used as evidence.
3. You can use multiple accounts to show the total requirement of funds (2800/4400).
4. The bank accounts should be in your name or a joint account with your spouse. Am not sure if you can use joint accounts with parents / brothers/ sisters/ other relatives.
5. To support maintenance fund requirements for dependent application, I believe you can use an account in your spouse's name. But you cannot use your spouse's individual account as evidence of maintenance funds for main applicant (unless it is a joint account).
6. If you have significant transactions in the account (e.g.- amount higer than salary credited in the account) during the 3 month period, it is advisable that you provide source of those funds transfers. For example, if your parents have gifted you money then get a letter from the parent concerned confrming so and attach the parent's bank statement showing the money transfer with your application.
Is it like this, First i should see that i had 4400 pounds in my A/c for 3 months and after 3 months, i should go for entry Clearance.
Yes, if you want to apply for dependent together with your EC.

Hope this helps.

regards
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

vmeruga
Newly Registered

Post by vmeruga » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Thank you so much hsmpinuk70.

I got exact answers for my queries .

One more thing, I have to ask you.

As i do not have 4400 pounds balance in my Savings A/c as of now,

One of the Consultant in Hyderabad Suggested me to do like this..

Please let me know the below Solution is Advisable..

"YOU MAY CONSULT ANY Chartered Accountant WHO DOES STUDENT VISA. THEY SHALL GIVE U ALL THE DOCUMENTATION ABOUT THE FUNDS. THEY SHALL GIVE A CA REPORT MENTIONING YOUR ASSETS."

hsmpinuk70, Instead of waiting for 3 months , The Consultant also suggested me to prepare the SALE DEED as i am selling my property(house) to some person(Who is giving me money 4400pounds)

So, with these 2 Docs,

1. CA report mentioning my Assets
2. SALE DEED as i am selling my house to some person who is supplying funds(CASH) to me.

Please suggest.. If you have idea on this..

Thanks,
Shekar

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:19 pm

All I can say here is - that consultants do it for the money but you are doing it for a better life for yourself and you dear ones. Whose dreams are at stake here - yours or the consultants?? Hope you get the point.

Only the BHC can tell you what documents are acceptable and what are not. VFS or the consultants don't lay down the rules, it's the BHC. So, don't believe blindly what the consultants suggest is do-able.

Follow the rules to the hilt if you want to minimize your chances of rejection.

regards

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi Shekhar,

r u really selling your house to come to UK??Do u have a job in UK??Or friends /relatives to support you??

Dont want to discourage you,but UK is very expensive and savings can run out fast..So make sure that you cover all options before taking this big decision..

vmeruga
Newly Registered

Post by vmeruga » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Thank you so much for your Advice hsmpinuk70.

What you're saying is absoultely right!.

Looking at my Status as of now, I should deposit 4400 pounds Amount into my Savings A/c in order to get the VISA right!

I will get the money from my Elders or my Spouse's Father.

They will definately help me. But i should show the proof as how i got that Amount in to my A/c. For that only the SALE DEED between the person who deposited amount in my Account and me.

ashishashah,

I won't be really Selling my Asset. It is to show the UK Embassay as how i got that money into my Account.

-- Please suggest me, if You have any ideas apart from the

Sale Deed.

vmeruga
Newly Registered

Post by vmeruga » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:53 pm

hsmpinuk70

Can you please provide me your telephone numbers. I am really worried and thinking what should i do now.

Please help me..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:57 pm

vmeruga wrote:Thank you so much for your Advice hsmpinuk70.

ashishashah,

I won't be really Selling my Asset. It is to show the UK Embassay as how i got that money into my Account.

-- Please suggest me, if You have any ideas apart from the

Sale Deed.
Now thats interesting !!

vmeruga
Newly Registered

Post by vmeruga » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:09 am

Hi

Now the Consultant says "Your Application will come under HSMP not TIER1." And he says " Go to stamping after my Account has 2800 pounds(for me).

Is it, The rule showing 2800 pounds for 3 months in the Savings A/c for Tier1, not for HSMP.

Please suggest friends..

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:22 am

Shekhar,

take a deeep breath...What r u trying to do??
Do u have job in UK??Do uhave friends /family to support in UK??

from you posts it looks like that you dont know ANYTHING about HSMp/Tier 1 /rules for Indian applicants etc and r relying on your consultant..And he is trying to push you into "buying " Tier 1 at any cost and showing you a rosy picture of UK (like shown in Bollywood movies)..
Dont want to discourage you,but looking at you i think you need to set your objectives and PLAN...Dont jump to your "consulants" "advice"..

Read through policy guidelines...Lot of things would be clear..
call up VFS in your city..If you dont have address of VFS, try google...
beware, Indian consultants take your money,and if your visa gets rejected they will put their hands up...You need to investigate from your side as well...All the best..

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Can't really help anyone if they aren't even willing to read through the policy guidance and other relevant information freely available on BIA / VFS websites.

:roll:

regards

yewhongwei79

Post by yewhongwei79 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 am

If £4400 or less is all you have as of now, and you are coming with your wife, think twice.

If you are lucky, you are able to get a job within 2-3 months. In normal case, it will take up to 6 months. If you are not lucky, it can take up to a year. Assuming you just rent a studio nearby London area, it is at least £400 and above for a month. With foods, you will need about £650 for you and your wife, just accommodation + foods.

This means you have approximately 6-7 months before your account goes to 0. Of course, you can still find some temp jobs in MacD, Tesco ... etc to survive before getting your desired job.

If the £4400 is true, I will not come to UK, it is too risky for me and my wife. Just my personal opinion.

vmeruga
Newly Registered

Post by vmeruga » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:06 am

Thank you every one for your Help in understanding the Process.

I have decided to go for stamping after 3 months. I will be depositing the required amount with in 3 to 4 days.

My father is willing to give me the required amount.

Regarding the job, I will try to get the job from INDIA itself. And i will be going alone to UK initially, Once i get the job and SAL, i will send my wife for stamping with sufficient payslips.

I have good experience & Skills in IT.

I am confident that i will get the job very soon in UK.

vividprose
Newly Registered

Post by vividprose » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Is there any restriction about [b]maintenance funds should be in Savings account only[/b]? Is it mentioned anywhere on UK border Agency or VFS website / guidence notes?

This is interesting, because when I called one of the VFS offices in India, they say [b]that FDs are allowed[/b] (though I have no written proof)

But nowhere on the official site this is mentioned. Nor any prohibition about FDs is mentioned. Guidence notes also don't say anything.

I am highly curious, as I have FDs that cannot be broken. If I break them and transfer the same into a Savings, I have to wait for 3 months which I don't want to.
So I am very much willing to show them under maintenance funds if they allow it.

Someone pls guide to a reliable source. Will highly appreciate it....[/quote]

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:05 pm

One successful case is listed here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=27543

This person successfully showed FDs for maintenance proof.