ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card Renewal Form RC £56; New online Service £228

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liverpool_222
Newly Registered
India

BRP Card Renewal Form RC £56; New online Service £228

Post by Liverpool_222 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi,

My son's BRP card is expiring, he has ILR, when i looked at the website (GOV) in Nov they had this online form RC and the fees was £56 for renewal. I had taken the print out but not submitted as it was still time.

Now when i am checking online the paper procedure seems to have stopped and an online version has been started. The fees is almost 4 times coming around £228.

Recent HO fees guideliness published 08/10/2018 also states as £56
Biometric residence permit (BRP) / replacement BRP - £56

Please could anyone share their recent experience on this.

Many Thanks

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: BRP Card Renewal Form RC £56; New online Service £228

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:54 am

The extra cost comes up if you end up using the "new service" which the UKVI have contracted out to a company UKVCAS.

If you choose a local library the cost will remain the standard same, but yes, I had to pay an additional £200 just to get an appointment. You should be able to submit the application which will take you to the new booking system, I recommend you keep looking for local appointments to see availability.

My husband lost his BRP with no fault of his own (Royal Mail royal talk to up) and we have ended up with the brunt of the cost. Which is very annoying.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Liverpool_222
Newly Registered
India

Post by Liverpool_222 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:49 am

Many thanks for this feedback, when you mean local libraries do you meen to say local post offices where biometric can be done?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:32 pm

All the info about the new service is found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... ntres-open

Hope this helps

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

Liverpool_222
Newly Registered
India

Post by Liverpool_222 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:34 pm

After filling the online application at the end it gives me two option either to go with the new service or choose the existing service.

My query is if i go with existing service £56, will i have to submit my documents through post as used to happen in past and wait for the biometric letter to come? or is it the case that even if i choose existing service i have to book an appointment through UKVCAS to proceed?

Many thanks.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Yup existing service where you post your docs

You'll get a biometric letter a week or two later..docs are returned. Then you go to the post office for biometrics

With the new service you upload your docs via their website Attend an appointment where you submit biometrics and check ID and they submit on your behalf

The advantage of the new system is no need to post docs and you keep your ID docs

Disadvantage is lack of free appointments at the local centres!!

I ended up in the premium lounge in London..doesn't speed up the application but was able to book two days after submitting the application

richie1981
Newly Registered

Post by richie1981 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi there,

I’ve had issues with this service. Firstly applied to renew my stepsons BRP via the online route which was sent back as they said it was the wrong form. Then applied using the form online downloaded, filled in and sent in with it again being sent back as they no longer accepted postal forms (think I was a couple of weeks out). Now the link to the so called new process leads me back to the original online route which I used and is totally confusing us.

Would you mind sharing the link you used for your application?

Thanks a lot
R

Liverpool_222
Newly Registered
India

Post by Liverpool_222 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi,

I have filled the online form (link below)
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

After filling the form at the end it gave me two options, either take the old methord or use the new service.
I opted for the old service. i.e took a print out of the application form and the checklist and posted the documents to the address mentioned for a fees of £56. This was paid online while filling in the application online.

Submitted the applications online on 31.12.18, but posted my documents on the 09/01/19.
Awaiting further instructions related to Biometrics.

Will keep you posted, let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks

aa927

Post by aa927 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

bathanza wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:27 pm

You'll get a biometric letter a week or two later..docs are returned. Then you go to the post office for biometrics

With the new service you upload your docs via their website Attend an appointment where you submit biometrics and check ID and they submit on your behalf

The advantage of the new system is no need to post docs and you keep your ID docs

I ended up in the premium lounge in London..doesn't speed up the application but was able to book two days after submitting the application

Is there a way to see the form before beginning the online process?

What documents are required?

Can you still go to the premium lounge, and how do I go about doing that? Don't want to wait ages.

With the new system you post everything online and then what? Do you still get the biometric letter and go to the post office?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:51 am

aa927 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm
bathanza wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Is there a way to see the form before beginning the online process?

What documents are required?

Can you still go to the premium lounge, and how do I go about doing that? Don't want to wait ages.

With the new system you post everything online and then what? Do you still get the biometric letter and go to the post office?
You can pre til a form and not submit it until you're ready

Proof of address is needed if it's replacement..we submitted council tax driving licence and bank statement.. as we are ON FLR FP i submitted sponsor passport and deed poll as I changed my name

Premium Lounge is nothing but a fancy office..if you want next day decisipn pay for the premium service. It's all within the online form very easy to use

Biometrics are done on the day of your appointment via the new system. You don't have to wait for a letter. This library service replaces the need to go to them post office

aa927

Post by aa927 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Thanks for the reply.

When do I get an appointment? Does that come by mail after submitting the application? Trying to get a sense of timeline and process. If I submitted it today, would I then wait for my appointment? Or do I get an appointment online when I submit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:52 pm

aa927 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:34 pm
Thanks for the reply.

When do I get an appointment? Does that come by mail after submitting the application? Trying to get a sense of timeline and process. If I submitted it today, would I then wait for my appointment? Or do I get an appointment online when I submit?
Appointments are booked as part of the online application process depending on what service you choose.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi Liverpool_222,

I also posted my children documents on 11/01/2019 for the renewall of their BRPs(ILR) after filling the online form and paying the fees. I am waiting for the invitation to the submission of Biometric information.

I hope that you received some instrunctions regarding biometric.

Could you please telll me how long it takes to get an acknowledgement letter/invitation to submit Biometry please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:45 pm

shivuk wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:34 pm
Hi Liverpool_222,

I also posted my children documents on 11/01/2019 for the renewall of their BRPs(ILR) after filling the online form and paying the fees. I am waiting for the invitation to the submission of Biometric information.

I hope that you received some instrunctions regarding biometric.

Could you please telll me how long it takes to get an acknowledgement letter/invitation to submit Biometry please?
The online forms usually give you the option of downloading the biometric letter at the end of the submission process. Did you not get this option??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:15 pm

No I did not get anoption to download the biometric letter.

However I received an payment confirmation email saying "You must provide your fingerprints and a photo of your face. You will receive a letter explaining how and where to do this."