ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help for Settlement Visa of Daughter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rosa_w
Newly Registered
Philippines

Urgent Help for Settlement Visa of Daughter

Post by rosa_w » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:04 am

Good day! My husband (British) wants us to live with him permanently in UK and we want to start applying for Visa. All of the requirements are ready, but the main issue we have is the visa type for my daughter. My Visa application as his spouse is straight forward, but in my daughter's case (his step-daughter) confuses us a bit.

My daughter is 7 y.o. and we are confused with what visa type and sub-type should we choose for her application. We tried to do the Settlement>Settlement>Child, but at some part we have to provide details about my daughter's father. The thing is, in Philippine law my child is illegitimate and no name of her father was indicated in her birth certificate. That's what got us so confused because we couldn't skip that part therefore we really have to provide information on that field.

Just a little background, I was never married before and my daughter's father was never in picture since the beginning of her life. I have read here in the forum that I should be proving my sole responsibility for my daughter and her birth certificate without her father's name might not be enough, so I'm going to round up some documents and letters to prove and show she is my dependent and she has no one else but me.

I hope someone here could give some advice if the visa type we chose for her was right and to that required field about her father's details we couldn't skip at all. Thanks in advance.

Marikistin
Philippines

Re: Urgent Help for Settlement Visa of Daughter

Post by Marikistin » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi i hope my reply wasnt too late...I'll try and help based on experience.
When asked about details of my daughter's biological father on the form i would usually leave it blank or if you cannot leave it blank try and answer as N/A and then provide a cover letter explaining that you have sole responsibility over her or even say you do noy have any contact at all of the biological father if this is the case.
Hope this helps.