ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR previous tax problems

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wijewije
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 to ILR previous tax problems

Post by Wijewije » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:21 am

Dear all members,

history-
tier 1 enterpruner 2012-2015- started the company,hired 2 settled people, paid wages for 3 months, business went down stopped trading

tier 2 gen 2015-2018 - joined a company, but the month i started my work company went on liquidation. NO salary/tax paid for 3 years

tier2 gen 2018- no tax issues. getting permittable salary for the ilr 5 years route and now eligable for it

if i apply for the ILR will my previous tax issue will become a issue? in application they dont request any previous tax details. all asking about currunt employer. please advise/help

thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR previous tax problems

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 am

Your timeline is slightly confusing. What were you doing in the 3 years between 2015 and 2018 when you had
no salary and paid no tax? You say the company went into liquidation after 1 month of joining them. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wijewije
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wijewije » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:24 pm

yes. thats right. i was trying to find a new employer. 2018 i joined new tier2.
if i apply ilr now will the previous employer tax issue will be a problem? thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 pm

To the best of my knowledge (but open to correction/confirmation), if you were without a Tier 2 sponsor for 3 years, surely the HO would have curtailed your visa :?:

Is you current employer a HO registered sponsor :?:

All your tax/employment history can be checked when assessing an application for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wijewije
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wijewije » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:13 pm

To the best of my knowledge (but open to correction/confirmation), if you were without a Tier 2 sponsor for 3 years, surely the HO would have curtailed your visa :?: _______ whole 3 years company was active and i wasnt overstayed or curtailed. i havent got any letter from them

yes current employer is registered and issued the visa without any issue

actually i want to know is there any other members having same sort of ex-employer tax issues and have they obtained ilr or not. thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:20 pm

How can a company be 'active' if they went into 'liquidation'??

What exactly were you doing for 3 years from 2015 to 2018?? Were you working or not and if you were working, who were you working for?? If you were not working, how did you support yourself financially??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wijewije
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wijewije » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:05 pm

company licence was active some how.
i was trying for tier2 jobs used my savings and mrs earnings to live. finally got a job

but my question is can anyone share any experience with ex employer tax issues when its comes to ILR

thanks

tomridd9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tomridd9 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Did you apply for ILR? What was the outcome?