ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse after FLR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moh12

ILR for Spouse after FLR

Post by moh12 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:25 am

Hello,

I got advice for my wife's FLR here and I thought it would be best to create a new thread for her ILR application in late 2019. I had some questions which I would appreciate if could be clarified.

1) Is it correct that she will need to pass the B1 English test as well as Life in the UK to meet the English language requirement?

2) We have two children who have British passports, so I assume the financial requirement to be met is £18,600 and not the higher amount when including children as dependents.

3) We are meeting the financial requirement through cash savings and her salary. She has been with the employer for more than 6 months and has been paid around £6,000 to £7,000 off the top of my head. The cash savings source is from savings over time and from a property sale which I have a letter from a solicitor mentioning completion of sale. I think it will be around £40,000 or a little higher depending on when the application will be made. I was checking the appendix for financial requirement I think the cash savings will be enough but I thought adding salary will be good to strengthen the application. Is it okay for these two sources to be combined?

I haven't included my salary as it is foreign income and I thought it would be easier to do it using the above.

4) When using cash savings should the amount used to meet the financial requirement be the balance amount 6 months before application? For example, say in one account I know there has been £33,000 in the account 6 months before application and another account there has been £10,000 6 months before application. Does that mean I can put down £43,000 for the cash savings portion? I'm guessing the amount of cash in the account can't go below as listed in the application 6 months before application.

5) Her visa on the biometric card expires in April, 2020. Should we apply 3 months before her visa expiry like the FLR application?

I think gathering and sorting the required documents should be okay, but I will ask if I have any confusion.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Spouse after FLR

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:40 am

1. Yes, she needs English B1 for ILR and citizenship.

2. British children are NOT included in the financial requirement, correct.

3. Should be fine yes. Wait for others to comment though.

4. Any funds held for 6 months, across 2 accounts is fine. Wait for others to comment though.

5. What date did she ENTER the UK on her first spouse visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moh12

Post by moh12 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:40 am
1. Yes, she needs English B1 for ILR and citizenship.
Thanks
2. British children are NOT included in the financial requirement, correct.
Thanks
3. Should be fine yes. Wait for others to comment though.
I hope so.
4. Any funds held for 6 months, across 2 accounts is fine. Wait for others to comment though.
Ok
Thanks for replying. She entered in Feb, 2015. She has left the country 4 times for holiday since that time. The holidays have probably resulted in less than 100 days out of the country, but I would need to count to make sure. Does that matter when applying for ILR with regards to the amount of time out of the country?

I just remembered that her passport expires soon so we will have to apply for a new at the consulate. When applying should we include all old passports or just the old one with the entry visa inside.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:04 pm

moh12 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 am
CR001 wrote:
Thanks for replying. She entered in Feb, 2015. She has left the country 4 times for holiday since that time. The holidays have probably resulted in less than 100 days out of the country, but I would need to count to make sure. Does that matter when applying for ILR with regards to the amount of time out of the country?

I just remembered that her passport expires soon so we will have to apply for a new at the consulate. When applying should we include all old passports or just the old one with the entry visa inside.
1. There is NO absence limit so your comment above is irrelevant.

2. You should include all passports, including the one she entered with. This will also be required for citizenship.
ILR application in late 2019
Why do you believe she can apply in late 2019 if she only entered the UK in February 2015??

What is the EXACT date she entered the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moh12

Post by moh12 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:04 pm
moh12 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 am
CR001 wrote:

1. There is NO absence limit so your comment above is irrelevant.
Thanks
2. You should include all passports, including the one she entered with. This will also be required for citizenship.
Thanks.
ILR application in late 2019
Why do you believe she can apply in late 2019 if she only entered the UK in February 2015??

What is the EXACT date she entered the UK??
She entered Feb 11, 2015. I just used late 2019 as a rough estimate which I think is wrong based on what you have said.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:09 pm

She cannot apply for ILR any sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of her date of entry to the UK on a spouse settlement visa. So the earliest she can apply is 14th January 2020.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moh12

Post by moh12 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:09 pm
She cannot apply for ILR any sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of her date of entry to the UK on a spouse settlement visa. So the earliest she can apply is 14th January 2020.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
Thanks for confirming this. This should hopefully give enough time to pass the B1 and Life in the UK test.

moh12

Post by moh12 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello, I had a follow-up questions as we might be moving to another address in the next 3 - 5 months and that will mean we have an address change. How will this impact the application? Do we just include the correspondence for both addresses? Thank you.

moh12

Post by moh12 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 am

Hello, could anyone please clarify the above question. Most of my documentation / correspondence will be under my current address. When we move then some of our documents will be under the new address. Application likely to be sent in Feb / Mar '20. Is there anything that we need to do that I might have missed?