ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COURTS AND HOMEOFFICE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Domirald
Newly Registered
Albania

COURTS AND HOMEOFFICE

Post by Domirald » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi all

I'm a family member of EU and Recently got my decree absolute however I went to council and asked for a copy of my marriage certificate and they were able to provide... here the question ?

Does courts report to the council about the divorce ?

does the courts report the home office ?

and most important .. if home office is to check if I am still married would they go through council??

please let me know

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: COURTS AND HOMEOFFICE

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Does courts report to the council about the divorce ?
No.
does the courts report the home office ?
No.
and most important .. if home office is to check if I am still married would they go through council??
If they wanted to check, they check the public records on gro.gov.uk You should not conceal facts from HO, it is never a good idea and can be used against you and result in a ban from the UK for deception.

If you are relying on an EU spouse or have a non EEA spouse on a RC based on the marriage, your rights as the non EU spouse ceases from date of divorce.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: COURTS AND HOMEOFFICE

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:41 pm

No, courts and Home office will not exchange details of your divorce on a routine basis.

However, it would be best not to fail to disclose information to the Home Office.

If you fail to inform the Home Office of a material change of circumstance, such as a divorce from an EEA citizen, any future immigration status and /or British citizenship can be revoked for deception.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.