ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding Set(M) online form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nice111

Question regarding Set(M) online form

Post by nice111 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi There

I hope any experienced member would be able to help.

we r submitting my wife's SetM application in next few days.

I have got few following queries.

In the new online application form there r few questions which I find bit confusing.

1. In Finances where asking for letter from employer it says with few other points that
"the gross annual salary;"

My 1st employment letter is only a payslip authenticity letter, confirming employment period and gross salaries on each payslips covering the period from Jan 2018 to Oct 2018. Is that ok OR do I need get gross annual salary mentioned on it?

Does it mean director of the company mentioned in the employments OR Director of any company regardless of mentioned employment?

Does it mean Contracted gross annual salary OR Gross salary earned in last 12 months?

I (Husband) solely own the property. Does my wife say "None" and describe that Home is on husband's name and we share the expenses?

5. Cohabitation; 2.5 years letters.

Do we need to provide 2 years or 2.5 years letters (Last extension was done for 2.5 years).

6. In Finances, it is not asking which Category are you using.

We are using Cat B so shall I write a cover letter and explain that we want to use Cat B?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

nice111

Re: Question regarding Set(M) online form

Post by nice111 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:35 pm

CR001 or any experts would you mind helping?

My posts r ignored for along now, I don't really understand the reason OR did I mistakenly pressed the invisible button!

nice111

Post by nice111 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:47 pm

It is very sad that nobody is there to help...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 pm

nice111 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Its holiday period and everyone is busy with their own familes etc. Everyone is voluntarily helping here not getting paid. Have some patience I am sure someone will help you. I am not much aware of your SET M category so you would have to wait for someone else to help.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Having said that, if your in a rush and do a bit more hard work on your own and search the forum these questions are already answered before and pretty sure you will have most of your answers through that
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:22 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 pm
nice111 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Its holiday period and everyone is busy with their own familes etc. Everyone is voluntarily helping here not getting paid. Have some patience I am sure someone will help you. I am not much aware of your SET M category so you would have to wait for someone else to help.

Thanks for your assurance. I am being patient but somehow all my recent posts have become invisible i.e
indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-m-financ ... l#p1707685.

I appreciate people are helping here voluntarily and out of good gesture. It is very helpful for people who are looking for advice.

This forum has been very kind and helpful.

I always try to read posts and search for the answers before posting and it wasn't any different this time but unable to find answers therefore created a post.

Hope that someone would get a chance this time to answer my queries.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:24 pm

I have only couple of days to apply and people are so unhelpful on this forum this time. Looking an advice on few questions which might take few minutes of any experienced member but they chose to ignore it.

:(

Much appreciated guys.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

nice111 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 pm
Hi There

I hope any experienced member would be able to help.

we r submitting my wife's SetM application in next few days.

I have got few following queries.

In the new online application form there r few questions which I find bit confusing.

1. In Finances where asking for letter from employer it says with few other points that
"the gross annual salary;

My 1st employment letter is only a payslip authenticity letter, confirming employment period and gross salaries on each payslips covering the period from Jan 2018 to Oct 2018. Is that ok OR do I need get gross annual salary mentioned on it?

I applied under category A, so the letter from employer covers the role,type (full time/part time) permanent/contract with employment start date. It also covers gross annual salary and the period over it earned. In your case you can ask the letter with gross salary you earned in the last 12 months. ( if you look at guidance they do some kind of calculation if your monthly income varies)

I believe it’s do with this employment (if you are finances are combination of salary and self employment and if you hold such kind of position then you need to declare otherwise NO)

Does it mean Contracted gross annual salary OR Gross salary earned in last 12 months?

Whatever the amount that you’re using for financial requirements, in the end caseworker works out the numbers and don’t worry too much about details as long as you’re meeting the threshold.

I (Husband) solely own the property. Does my wife say "None" and describe that Home is on husband's name and we share the expenses?

Answer as own and state sponsor is the owner. You need to supply council tax letters with you or joint names —and that’s what matters

5. Cohabitation; 2.5 years letters.

Do we need to provide 2 years or 2.5 years letters (Last extension was done for 2.5 years).

Last 2.5 years

6. In Finances, it is not asking which Category are you using.

We are using Cat B so shall I write a cover letter and explain that we want to use Cat B?

I didn’t know about this as I applied under cat A and I guess it’s something do with how you answer the first question about how you meet financial requirement ( try and see by answering yes or no and see whether you get catA/ catB options) . It’s really difficult to help you with this unless someone applied catB.

Let’s see tomorrow — post me exactly what the online form is asking when you are under finance section and I will also have a look on my already submitted form and see if I can help you with.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

nice111

Post by nice111 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:53 pm

Thanks Rivercam for your reply.

In Cat B, Are they taking average of last 6 months or 12 months?

helloworld9
Newly Registered
India

Post by helloworld9 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 am

Hello, Nice111 & Rivercam.

Offtopic, but where are these catagories listed? Is it in the application form or some sort of guidance notes?

Earlier we used to have a separate section of guidance notes to fill the form. Quite confused if this still exists or not.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:37 am

helloworld9 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 am

Offtopic, but where are these catagories listed? Is it in the application form or some sort of guidance notes?

Earlier we used to have a separate section of guidance notes to fill the form. Quite confused if this still exists or not.
I am not sure about the guidance notes for new online form. But the questions I mentioned above are in the online form.

If you are referring to financial categories than it is same financial guidance as before. Appendix FM 1.7 Financial requirement.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... 7qg-HjTNHs

nice111

Post by nice111 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:26 am

Hi guys.

I have read in the forum that applicants 2 photos are not required anymore as they take it digitally now.

What about the photo of the sponsor? Is it not needed too?

helloworld9
Newly Registered
India

Post by helloworld9 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:21 pm

nice111 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:37 am
helloworld9 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 am

I am not sure about the guidance notes for new online form. But the questions I mentioned above are in the online form.

If you are referring to financial categories than it is same financial guidance as before. Appendix FM 1.7 Financial requirement.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... 7qg-HjTNHs
Thank you very much. As I haven't yet started my application yet, I wasn't sure what questions were being asked.