ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GCR: Citizenship and previous HO applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

GCR: Citizenship and previous HO applications

Post by AnotherUUID » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:56 pm

When filling in my application for naturalisation I included any dates and reference numbers I could find for previous applications to the HO related to immigration. One being an EEA registration certificate, and the other being my DCPR application.

However, it struck me that in 2014 I had to apply for DCPR twice. The first time the application was refused because I had not provided sufficient evidence on CSI and a declaration of not having made any use of public funds. I thus immediately re-applied with the correct evidence enclosed and was granted DCPR within a few weeks thereafter.

My worry is that I forgot to mention that the first DCPR application was refused and the reason for that. I would imagine this will all be on file, but am concerned it might go against the Good Character Requirement which is already absurdly vague as it is.

Given that there was no actual breach of immigration rules, and the refusal was purely due to not including enough supporting evidence with the application, is my worry well founded? Should I be writing to the Home Office to update them on the matter?

I have also tried to dig up the date and reference number for the refused DCPR application but I cannot seem to be able to find it...

Thank you!

mtsgill
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: GCR: Citizenship and previous HO applications

Post by mtsgill » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:43 am

AnotherUUID wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:56 pm
When filling in my application for naturalisation I included any dates and reference numbers I could find for previous applications to the HO related to immigration. One being an EEA registration certificate, and the other being my DCPR application.

However, it struck me that in 2014 I had to apply for DCPR twice. The first time the application was refused because I had not provided sufficient evidence on CSI and a declaration of not having made any use of public funds. I thus immediately re-applied with the correct evidence enclosed and was granted DCPR within a few weeks thereafter.

My worry is that I forgot to mention that the first DCPR application was refused and the reason for that. I would imagine this will all be on file, but am concerned it might go against the Good Character Requirement which is already absurdly vague as it is.

Given that there was no actual breach of immigration rules, and the refusal was purely due to not including enough supporting evidence with the application, is my worry well founded? Should I be writing to the Home Office to update them on the matter?

I have also tried to dig up the date and reference number for the refused DCPR application but I cannot seem to be able to find it...

Thank you!
Hello, I am in a very similar situation because I had multiple applications in the past i.e. Entry as Student (over 12 years ago), then PSW, EEA-FM, PR & so on..I don’t even remember most of the application dates and Ref numbers and online form does not allow you to use guess work i.e. just month or year! I tried calling HO Nationality Helpline (pretty useless, I must say), was advised it’s okay if you cannot provide/skip those applications reference numbers but write a covering letter to the caseworker, which is not a possibility according to the new application process & UKVCAS setup! Keep us updated on your case! Thanks

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm

I also phoned Nationality Enquiries helpline today to see what they say. It's a rather convoluted automated system where if you choose the correct path (e.g. Naturalisation Applications -> Already Applied -> Application is within the service standard period) the systems tells you that no updates will be issued and the line terminates. Eventually I got through to someone by choosing "Naturalisation Applications -> All other enquiries".

Long story short, I was advised to send a letter, just in case, to the caseworking team to advise them of the refused application. To be fair, since they aren't caseworkers I wasn't really expecting a different answer as I doubt they will have as in-depth experience of what is a fair GCR assessment.

So I prepared a letter to send but it will have to wait until tomorrow since today is a holiday in Scotland and pretty much everything is shut, including post offices. I will send it with next day delivery which should make it by Friday, and fingers crossed they will get a chance to read it before they have considered my application.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 pm

@mtsgill,
Quick update, as requested.

I received my decision letter yesterday and was granted BC (yay!).

The letter I sent out informing the HO of the first (failed) DCPR application was not returned along with the remainder of my supporting documents. So I have no way of knowing if my correspondence played any role in the decision, but I would assume the HO had either read and acknowledged it or simply relied on their own previous records. That said, my covering letter was also not returned, which is consistent with previous immigration applications that I have made, so that by itself does not indicate anything either.

Regardless, it does not seem to have harmed the application in any way, so I suppose it doesn't really matter if you disclose extra information that, in your opinion, might seem relevant. In the worst case, it's an extra couple of minutes reading time for the caseworker when considering the application.

mtsgill
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mtsgill » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:47 pm

AnotherUUID wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 pm
@mtsgill,
Quick update, as requested.

I received my decision letter yesterday and was granted BC (yay!).

The letter I sent out informing the HO of the first (failed) DCPR application was not returned along with the remainder of my supporting documents. So I have no way of knowing if my correspondence played any role in the decision, but I would assume the HO had either read and acknowledged it or simply relied on their own previous records. That said, my covering letter was also not returned, which is consistent with previous immigration applications that I have made, so that by itself does not indicate anything either.

Regardless, it does not seem to have harmed the application in any way, so I suppose it doesn't really matter if you disclose extra information that, in your opinion, might seem relevant. In the worst case, it's an extra couple of minutes reading time for the caseworker when considering the application.

Thank you so much for sharing the update with me. Congratulations once again for the desired outcome. :)