ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP into tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wpleo

HSMP into tier 1 extension

Post by wpleo » Fri May 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Hello there guys

Hope all are doing well.

I have been off this board for a while and not up to date with any new rules changes from the HO.

I have been reviewing the BIA website today and found the new tier 1 application form with its new sections a, b, and c, depending on which category you are entering tier 1 from.

I noticed under the english language requirement that the date cut off changed from 5th of dec 2006 to 8th of nov 2006, and not sure how would that affect some, as i dont think it would affect me since my hsmp approval letter was issued end of oct06.

I have 2 queries though:

1. I have been reading about the JR win. But so far nothing about that on the BIA website, and it is still one application fits all(apart from you know the above sections a, b, c)... so are we anticipating any changes in the application form regarding this group of people ( the hsmp ones before the rules changed).

2. Although I have investigated that before, but has anything changed with regard to IELTS. Has anyone applied for an extension with an old IELTS ( over 2 years old)...

Sorry if my first question was answered some where else, and would appreciate any help...

Thanks

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:14 pm

Ever tried using the search tool ??

1. Tier 1 form is the only one to use until BIA comes up with anything new specifically for applicants affected by JR.
2. The 2 year time limit for IELTS test is no longer valid for extension applications (maybe for new applications too, but not sure about that).

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.