ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR received! Experience of Croydon Centre

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

passat
Pakistan

Online Set O application: question about supporting docs upload

Post by passat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello,

Not sure if this question has been asked before. I am about to submit my online Set O application for ILR under the Tier 2 General route. I understand that once I submit the application, I will have the option to upload supporting documents on Sopra Steria website. My questions are:

1. Can the documents be uploaded after submission of application and before booking of appointment? Or they can be uploaded after booking of appointment up to the date of the appointment?

2. Do we need to upload only current passport or all previous passports? Besides whether only uploading the main page of the current and / or old passports is required or all pages with stamps from UK and abroad?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Set O application: question about supporting docs upload

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Many members have posted their experience in the existing topics already running.

general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 67507.html

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... 67745.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

passat
Pakistan

Upload of documents: all pages of passport?

Post by passat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Hello all, I have tried to go through all the forum topics on this question but have been unable to find a specific answer. When we upload documents on the Sopra Steria website, are we supposed to
- Upload only the main page of the current passport or all pages?
- Upload the previous passports as well? If yes, main page only or all pages?

If someone can advise based on their experience, it will be very helpful.

passat
Pakistan

Set O application: Evidence of immigration status in UK

Post by passat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 pm

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and applying for ILR. After submitting the online Set O application, a checklist was generated listing the documents that I should submit online. One of the documents required is "Evidence of your immigration status in the UK". This is in addition to the other requirement of submitting "Current Biometric Residence Permit".

My question is what other evidence of my immigration status can I provide other than my BRP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set O application: Evidence of immigration status in UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:19 pm

passat wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 pm
I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and applying for ILR. After submitting the online Set O application, a checklist was generated listing the documents that I should submit online. One of the documents required is "Evidence of your immigration status in the UK". This is in addition to the other requirement of submitting "Current Biometric Residence Permit".

My question is what other evidence of my immigration status can I provide other than my BRP?
It is only your current BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:19 pm
passat wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 pm

It is only your current BRP card.
Thank you @CR001

passat
Pakistan

ILR received! Experience of Croydon Centre

Post by passat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello all -

I received my ILR (Tier 2 General route) just before Christmas and thought I would share my experience for the benefit of all.

Key dates:
------
Tier 2 visa received: 20 December 2013
Entered UK on Tier 2 visa: 24 December 2013
-----
Submission of online Set O form: 12 December 2018
Appointment at Sopra Steria in Croydon: 17 December 2018
Received email confirming grant of ILR: 18 December 2018
Received decision letter by post: 21 December 2018
Received new BRP by post: 21 December 2018
-----
I had uploaded all the supporting documents after submission of my online Set O form. These included:

- Current passport (main page and pages with UK arrival stamps)
- 4 old passports (main page only)
- Existing BRP
- Employment letter, confirming salary, weekly hours worked, confirmation of absences since arrival on Tier 2 visa, and confirmation of continuing employment for the foreseeable future.
- Representation letter, as due to my frequent travel history, all of it could not be captured on the online set O form and I had to attach a separate letter
- Bank statement of previous 3 months (regular statements, not printed online ones)
- Salary slips of previous 3 months (online payslips printed and attested by HR, so company stamps)
- P60s of last 5 years
- English language test certificate
- Life in UK test pass result
-----
I used the services of a solicitor to seek advice relating to an immigration issue in a third country where I was denied entry, even though I had a valid visa. Other than that, there was nothing complicated in the online Set O form, for which solicitor's services would be needed.
-----
I had booked a Super Priority appointment for £3018. I did not purchase any additional services.

Taking along the appointment confirmation print out is a must. My appointment time was 10 am, but I arrived early and they checked me in at 9:35 am. The staff is nice and friendly. The first biometric machine I went to did not work. I asked for help and they sent me to the next machine.

I did not have to wait at all for submitting my biometric information. After that I would have waited around 30-40 minutes to be called to the next counter for verification of my documents. At that counter, there was no chair to sit. The lady was super-friendly though. She reviewed my online application form, supporting documents and scanned all stamped pages of my passport within 15-20 minutes.

I had taken all the original documents, but the lady dealing with my case did not feel the need to look at any of them, except my passport and appointment letter. She checked the documents I had uploaded on her computer screen and said they were all complete and legible. She took a scan of all the stamped pages of my current passport only, but not of my previous passports even though my current passport was only 2 years old.

I received an email confirmation next day (Tuesday) around 1:30 pm from Home Office, informing me that my ILR application has been successful. I was on cloud nine.

Three days later (on Friday), I received the decision letter and BRP separately in post. One of them was delivered by British Mail and the other by DX courier, but I don't remember which was which. They both arrived only about an hour apart.

Hope this report helps other applicants.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Re: ILR received! Experience of Croydon Centre

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi

Congratulations!!!

When you say passport pages having UK arrival stamps, does it mean when you came initially only that stamp or stamps of every trip outside UK you would have made after coming to UK?

Old passport - did it contain your UK tier 2 general visa?

Had you been to other countries on short trips before entering UK? If yes, had you entered the details for all those countries?

What did you submit for the declaration?

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 am

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:38 pm
When you say passport pages having UK arrival stamps, does it mean when you came initially only that stamp or stamps of every trip outside UK you would have made after coming to UK?
I mean all UK stamps, including those that I got on the passport every time I returned from a foreign trip. The stamp I received when I first came to UK on Tier 2 visa was not on the current passport anyway, as I mentioned my current passport was only 2 years old.
Old passport - did it contain your UK tier 2 general visa?
Yes, it did. But they didn't take a scan of it. I had just uploaded the copy of its main page. There is no harm in adding the copy of the original visa stamp indicating first time entry as well.

Had you been to other countries on short trips before entering UK? If yes, had you entered the details for all those countries?
Only dates of those trips are required to be provided that I made after entering UK on my current Tier 2 visa. They don't need your travel history of all your life.
What did you submit for the declaration?
Declaration of what?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks for your reply.

However, if you had made trips to other countries, what answer did you give for the following question under immigration details:

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi passat

in addition to above question, in your list of documents, what is representation letter?

Representation letter, as due to my frequent travel history, all of it could not be captured on the online set O form and I had to attach a separate letter

also, did your document checklist include the following:

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website

What did you provide for the above?

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Wifes1lver » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi. Congratulations to you ILR. I applied the same day as you in Sopra Steria in Croydon. My appointment was at 11 am. But sadly, up to now, I haven't received any decision yet. We have the same category and basically the same documents were asked from me. I applied for super priority but up until now, no results yet. The waiting game is really a killer. I hope I get positive results after this delay. :(

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:38 am

Hi passat

Not sure if you are still on the board, if you can please respond to some questions in the previous 3 posts, it would be very helpful.

thanks
r

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:01 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:39 pm
Thanks for your reply.

However, if you had made trips to other countries, what answer did you give for the following question under immigration details:

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
Living in a country means you were resident there, like employed or had a long term tenancy in your name or something signifying that you were based there. Visiting places doesn't mean you live there.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:53 pm
Hi passat

in addition to above question, in your list of documents, what is representation letter?

Representation letter, as due to my frequent travel history, all of it could not be captured on the online set O form and I had to attach a separate letter
Representation letter is not a requirement. I had to include it because I could not capture the details of all the countries I had traveled to in the space provided on Set O form. If you can capture all the details on the Set O form, there is no need to submit any additional cover or representation letter.
rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:53 pm
also, did your document checklist include the following:

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website
Just my current BRP and nothing else.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Wifes1lver wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 pm
Hi. Congratulations to you ILR. I applied the same day as you in Sopra Steria in Croydon. My appointment was at 11 am. But sadly, up to now, I haven't received any decision yet. We have the same category and basically the same documents were asked from me. I applied for super priority but up until now, no results yet. The waiting game is really a killer. I hope I get positive results after this delay. :(
Best of luck. Have you followed up with them? Many people on the forum experienced delays but in the end, their ILRs were granted. Sometimes follow up helps as HO or Sopra Steria escalates your case as a result.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:20 pm

I went for appointment at Croydon center yesterday i.e. 8th Jan. Received an email from HO today early morning saying

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

I applied for ILR along with my dependent spouse and one child. Please can you help me understand what the above email from HO mean?

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:20 pm
I went for appointment at Croydon center yesterday i.e. 8th Jan. Received an email from HO today early morning saying

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

I applied for ILR along with my dependent spouse and one child. Please can you help me understand what the above email from HO mean?
It means you have received your ILR. Congratulations. You will receive the new BRP in a few days. It doesn't say anything about your wife and dependents.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Thanks.

But, my wife and child were part of the same application as dependents. So, won't the same email mean the application is granted for them also?

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:35 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Thanks.

But, my wife and child were part of the same application as dependents. So, won't the same email mean the application is granted for them also?
I don't know. Wait for a few days and your answer will arrive in the post.

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Wifes1lver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 pm

I kept calling them and they are not very helpful. I have spoken to people who went to Croydon as well and their application were very quick. I feel a bit anxious because I can not think of anything they will pick up on my case. I’m in a limbo really.😭

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Please keep faith. You will hear good new very soon.

Hi passat

Did you get any message on mobile or email from royal mail/DX prior to delivery of decision letter/BRP?

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:09 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 pm
Hi passat

Did you get any message on mobile or email from royal mail/DX prior to delivery of decision letter/BRP?
I did not receive any message from Royal Mail or DX. The BRP and decision letter were delivered after four working days of the email from HO.

Junaidrai

Post by Junaidrai » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:16 pm

passat wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 pm
Hello all -

I received my ILR (Tier 2 General route) just before Christmas and thought I would share my experience for the benefit of all.

Key dates:
------
Tier 2 visa received: 20 December 2013
Entered UK on Tier 2 visa: 24 December 2013
-----
Submission of online Set O form: 12 December 2018
Appointment at Sopra Steria in Croydon: 17 December 2018
Received email confirming grant of ILR: 18 December 2018
Received decision letter by post: 21 December 2018
Received new BRP by post: 21 December 2018
-----
I had uploaded all the supporting documents after submission of my online Set O form. These included:

- Current passport (main page and pages with UK arrival stamps)
- 4 old passports (main page only)
- Existing BRP
- Employment letter, confirming salary, weekly hours worked, confirmation of absences since arrival on Tier 2 visa, and confirmation of continuing employment for the foreseeable future.
- Representation letter, as due to my frequent travel history, all of it could not be captured on the online set O form and I had to attach a separate letter
- Bank statement of previous 3 months (regular statements, not printed online ones)
- Salary slips of previous 3 months (online payslips printed and attested by HR, so company stamps)
- P60s of last 5 years
- English language test certificate
- Life in UK test pass result
-----
I used the services of a solicitor to seek advice relating to an immigration issue in a third country where I was denied entry, even though I had a valid visa. Other than that, there was nothing complicated in the online Set O form, for which solicitor's services would be needed.
-----
I had booked a Super Priority appointment for £3018. I did not purchase any additional services.

Taking along the appointment confirmation print out is a must. My appointment time was 10 am, but I arrived early and they checked me in at 9:35 am. The staff is nice and friendly. The first biometric machine I went to did not work. I asked for help and they sent me to the next machine.

I did not have to wait at all for submitting my biometric information. After that I would have waited around 30-40 minutes to be called to the next counter for verification of my documents. At that counter, there was no chair to sit. The lady was super-friendly though. She reviewed my online application form, supporting documents and scanned all stamped pages of my passport within 15-20 minutes.

I had taken all the original documents, but the lady dealing with my case did not feel the need to look at any of them, except my passport and appointment letter. She checked the documents I had uploaded on her computer screen and said they were all complete and legible. She took a scan of all the stamped pages of my current passport only, but not of my previous passports even though my current passport was only 2 years old.

I received an email confirmation next day (Tuesday) around 1:30 pm from Home Office, informing me that my ILR application has been successful. I was on cloud nine.

Three days later (on Friday), I received the decision letter and BRP separately in post. One of them was delivered by British Mail and the other by DX courier, but I don't remember which was which. They both arrived only about an hour apart.

Hope this report helps other applicants.
Hello Brother,

Many Congratulations on your success, I noticed that you are from Pakistan. It really feels good when you see someone from your home country succeeding.

you have done the right thing by sharing your experience as it does help a lot. It was actually something I was looking for.

right now, I only have one question and that is around the fee you paid.

I am trying to find more on this but the fee mentioned for ILR on Govt website is around £2300 something. is this for application via post? I just want to get clarity on this. if you please help.

Thank you very much
Regards,
JR