ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continues Residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ihameed30

Continues Residency

Post by ihameed30 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm

If i leave UK on a student visa BEFORE its expiry and return back to UK on spouse visa. Will my continues residency be broken. When i enter UK my previous student visa will expire and will have a brand new entry as spouse. Can i carry on with continues residency.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Continues Residency

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 pm

No break in continuous residency provided you returned within 180 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Your previous posts suggest you applied for long residence ILR in 2014??

indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-lon ... l#p1127972

And on 18 December you were asking about premium service centre appointment for a spouse visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ihameed30

Post by ihameed30 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Sorry, This was a general scenario..I am now British. It's about my wife to be specific...She has left UK on student visa in 2011 and returned with in 180 days on spouse visa. But in the meantime the student visa was expired. But the student visa was still valid when she left the UK. I hope the continues residency is still in tact..