ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application via Spouse Visa (5years)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dkgy
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR Application via Spouse Visa (5years)

Post by dkgy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:04 pm

My mother is on a spouse visa as she is married to a British National. I am considered a dependant as I was under 18 at time of first application (2012/13) but I am now 19. We sent off our ILR application on the 27th of December 2018 with priority service. We received a letter on the 31st of December (but dated 27th of December) that our application was not approved. There is an error in the letter as it states that my mother is married to a different man (no idea who this guy is and his name has never been mentioned in any of our applications) and that she did not show proof of knowledge of the English language and about life in the UK.

Firstly, her checklist did not state she needed to provide her English language certificate but she has used the same proof (BULATS) for the last 2 application. Secondly, at the biometrics office, she has asked the member of staff if her English certificate needed to be scanned in and uploaded but the lady said no as it was not on her checklist. Thirdly, she has taken and passed the LITUK test and this was scanned and uploaded onto the portal. They are asking us to pay a £1000 health surcharge fee and would like to reconsider our application into Leave to Remain - going through the 5-year process again. This is also interrupting my university as I may have to pause my studies. We will be speaking to an MP about this but I was just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences on HO messing up this badly and what you have done?

Xiyun88
Newly Registered
China

Re: ILR Application via Spouse Visa (5years)

Post by Xiyun88 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:25 pm

I'm not an expert, but surely you can appeal that? It seems it's completely UKVI's mistake