ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK STANDARD VISIT VISA, Pregnancy reason

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arcelli ann
Newly Registered
Philippines

UK STANDARD VISIT VISA, Pregnancy reason

Post by arcelli ann » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi everyone.

I wanna ask help from you,especially those who are knowledgeable and have similar experience on this matter.
I am an EU Wife living in UK. I have UK Residence Card. My Eu husband has UK Permanent Residence.
My husband and I are planning to invite either my sister or my mother, who are in Philippines, to come to UK to help me during the time of my delivery. Would it be safe to tell the real reason for inviting them? Reason is pregnancy.

Some say, not to mention pregnancy as the reason of the visit, instead purely visit and tourism. Other say, it is fine. I want to have successful visa application, and I am confused which one should I do.
I am worried as well for my sister or my mother circumstances, the strong ties to Philippines as they don't have any properties under their name, and no bank account.

My sister is an employee of a Private Company, if she will be granted leave, the company will provide letter of employment, approved leave of absence, and payslip. However, if she will not be granted leave, then it would be my mother, but my mother doesn't have work. She is 61 years old, dependent to my younger sisters who are still single.

We will cover all expenses that will be incurred - travel and living expenses, and accommodation. We will provide round trip tickets after having visa and travel/health insurance. On our side, as the sponsors, I don't see any problem, however, on the side of my sister or my mother, I dont know how to prove strong ties to Philippines, that will convince the ECO to grant their visa application. Can anyone help me? Advice or suggest?

Do you think, having all family members living in Philippines would be enough as family ties? Should I ask my younger sisters to write letter to support my mother's application? (just in case it would be my mother)

To make it clear, we can only sponsor one to come to the UK, either my sister, or my mother.

Hoping for any suggestions, advice from you. Thank You.