ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) application 28 days prior the qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Liban086
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SET (M) application 28 days prior the qualifying period

Post by Liban086 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 am

Hi,

I am applying for ILR set m spouse 5 year route. I entered the country on 18 jan 2014 and i will qualify on 18 jan 2019. Therefore can I apply before 28 days of that period ?
and please can you reference where it says I am allowed to apply set m before 28 days of the qualifying period.

I have checked the gov website and it only mentions the completion of the 60 months in the uk.

Ant response will be appreciated
Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) application 28 days prior the qualifying period

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:29 am

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf

"Calculating the specified continuous period
Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would
reach the end of the specified period
."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Liban086
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Liban086 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks casa for replying to my post. Appreciate the link you attached, but the categories covered in this guidance does not include set m application. I think that is the tricky bit that confuses people. I dont know if they require the mariage application to complete full 60 months except pbs spouse visa which is mentioned in this guidance.

Thanks again

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:49 am

The rule is the same.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Liban086
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Liban086 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks casa but still home office can say this is special guidance for those categories, I have read threads of people got rejected for counting from the date of their first entry clearance was approved and they were told by the home office that rule is not for marriage visa. There fore is there any other reference for set m or a general guidance for every category.

Excuse my questions, I just don’t to loose the application money for applying early.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:50 pm

For a spouse visa holder applying for ILR, your residence clock starts from the date of entry to the UK. The reference you are making to date of visa issue is for a completely different visa category.

A spouse visa holder can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 5years residence, ie within 28 days of 5th anniversary of entering the UK.

The 28 days before concession, whether from date of entry or date of visa issued depending on category of visa held, applies to ALL UK immigration applications. It has been in place for many years and while many rules change, this concession has not.

1000s have done this, myself included for ILR from a spouse visa, and not had refusals or problems.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Liban086
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Liban086 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:50 am

Thank you so much for your your reply’s guys

Liban086
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Liban086 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 am

Hi,

I wanted to know one more thing.

How long is the gab allowed between your application day and the last payslips you get, because I want to apply 21 January 2019 and my last payslips was 23 December, because I get paid on 23rd every month.

How long can be described as most recent payslips 10 days, 15 days.

Please share your experience if you had encountered some thing like this before.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 am

The last payslip and bank statement can't be older than 28 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Liban086
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Liban086 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 am

Thank you, that is very helpful.

Liban086
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Liban086 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 am

Hi, would to know one more thing.

I work as a flexible contract for an agency with variable hrs, so Being with the same employer for more than six months I am applying under category A.

I earned for the last six months 8,000. I am combining it with my spouses income of part time salaried employment, she earned for the past 6 months 3,400 with the same employer.

Evidences I got
Payslips, bank statement, work contract,
An Employment letter which is not stating my annual gross income which they can’t provide because I work flexible variable hrs.

So my question is would that employment letter be ok and have you seen any cases where HO made refusals on employment letter not stating annual gross income for non salaried jobs.

sumairc
United Kingdom

Post by sumairc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi,
I am on the same boat as Liban086.

Mrs arrived in the uk on the 14th Of April 2014 on Spouse Visa, hence after reading I think I can apply for her ILR around 18th of March 2019.

Can you please correct me if i am wrong, also in the form it says how long have you stayed in the UK, what should we write in the form "5 years" or "4 years 11 months"?

Please suggest.

hixad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hixad » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:34 am

I would love to know the answer for this too. Can you apply 2-3 months before expiry or do you have to stick to the 28 days?