ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistakenly filled landing card - applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jairoger
Newly Registered
India

Mistakenly filled landing card - applying for naturalisation

Post by jairoger » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:03 am

Hi,

I received my ILR in 2016 via dependent route and am planning to apply for my naturalisation soon. I am working as a secretary of limited company since 2012 and all the taxes etc are all being paid and up to date.

However I mistakenly filled in my occupation as HouseWife in all the landing cards when entering the UK.

Will this be a problem when applying for naturalisation ? Please advise

Thanks,
Jai

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Re: Mistakenly filled landing card - applying for naturalisation

Post by chattokhan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 am

As long as you don't put housewife in application form, shouldn't matter what you put in the landing card (in my opinion)

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:22 pm

chattokhan wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 am
As long as you don't put housewife in application form, shouldn't matter what you put in the landing card (in my opinion)
I have been told all landing cards are scanned and uploaded into Warehouse. We don't know internal HO procedures but if the information is readily available I don't see why they wouldn't cross check it.

Hioru
United Kingdom

Post by Hioru » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:46 pm

jgreen6123 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:22 pm
I have been told all landing cards are scanned and uploaded into Warehouse. We don't know internal HO procedures but if the information is readily available I don't see why they wouldn't cross check it.
I guess in this case it might be a good idea to mention it in the additional notes section, this and possibly the reason for why this was done?

If the person had a legal right to work and paid all taxes there shouldn't be a problem with that, it's a guess more of a problem why he didn't state his true intentions.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:54 pm

"She" made a mistake! This is not a material fact being mistated, as for AN it doesn't matter what or whether you work.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jairoger
Newly Registered
India

Post by jairoger » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Thanks everyone but I have got different suggestions so I need to decide what to do

@alterhase : Did you mention that for AN , it doesnt matter and that I dont need to worry about it.

Also will be interested to know the consequences if it becomes an issue ( the hope is it wont as I have paid al the taxes upto date)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Can't see how this could be a material matter. For AN you are not required to be employed, you may be unemployed, etc. Therefore a job title you may have used in error on a landing card is not a material fact. You are overthinking this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.