ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should my dependant always live with me in the same address?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xuchang1032
Newly Registered

Should my dependant always live with me in the same address?

Post by xuchang1032 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Seniors,

I am facing a situation. I currently holding the Tier 2 General visa in Nottingham City. And I intend to change employer to London (still Tier 2 General visa). My wife stays with me in the past 2 years. Now, she just found a good job in Nottingham. My question is: can she continue to live in Nottingham and I move on to London? will this breach the law and further affect our ILR application?

In the gov.uk, it's said "the partner have been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012".

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

CHANG

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Should my dependant always live with me in the same address?

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:47 pm

xuchang1032 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Hi Seniors,

I am facing a situation. I currently holding the Tier 2 General visa in Nottingham City. And I intend to change employer to London (still Tier 2 General visa). My wife stays with me in the past 2 years. Now, she just found a good job in Nottingham. My question is: can she continue to live in Nottingham and I move on to London? will this breach the law and further affect our ILR application?

In the gov.uk, it's said "the partner have been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012".

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

CHANG
Yes, for ILR, you will need to prove that you have been living together and produce evidence for that during the last two years.

Of course, if either of you are only staying for part of the period (example weekdays) in one of the locations but your base (address for bank, utilities, etc is all are both in the same address, you should be ok
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.