ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Buckshee
Newly Registered

Permanent residence card

Post by Buckshee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi, Please can anybody help. The Home Office have finally agreed to allow my partner a permanent residence card and our solicitor sent us the form online saying there is no funding for this and that the firm usually charge £1000 to do this but as we are not financially well off the charge will be £500. Solicitor say's filling out form is purely a formality as they have confirmation of right of residence card. How can this fee be so high and its on top of the £65 for form and also £19.50 to get Biometric done. Many thanks for any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent residence card

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:57 pm

What a solicitor charges you to "form fill" is entirely up to them and has nothing to do with the eea route rules and fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Buckshee
Newly Registered

Post by Buckshee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks for reply.

Mandus
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Mandus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:57 am

I know of a cheaper solicitors who helped with my wifes application same. he charges just 500. contact me privately i wil give u details. he is very good

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Mandus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:57 am
I know of a cheaper solicitors who helped with my wifes application same. he charges just 500. contact me privately i wil give u details. he is very good
You don't have the 'contact me privately' PM function yet as a newly registered user and neither does the original poster in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.