ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what next after child registration as British using MN1 PLEASE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

what next after child registration as British using MN1 PLEASE

Post by vpruk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi all members,

I am in the process to register my child as British citizen using MN1 Form.

After registering, should i apply for British passport ? if so what is the procedure please.

can we make any travel plan. currently my child got Indian passport?

Am sorry if it is allowed to post the following question please.

I am due to apply for my wife FLR- M too. When can i apply that - before registering the child or after ? would that make any difference in income earnings like 18600 or 22400 please.

If i apply wife FLR- M after child registration as British, do i still mention the child as my dependent ?

Thanks in advance.
vpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: what next after child registration as British using MN1 PLEASE

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:42 pm

1. Please ask flr m questions in the family immigration sub forum. This is not the correct place.

2. You can only apply for a British passport once you receive approval for the child and the certificate of registration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:42 pm
1. Please ask flr m questions in the family immigration sub forum. This is not the correct place.

2. You can only apply for a British passport once you receive approval for the child and the certificate of registration.
Hi CR001,

Happy new year. Apologize i will ask in the relevant flr m forum. sorry

I am filling up the Online MN1 application, few doubts which i want to double check with you please.

1. Choose which category to apply under. You are a child under 18 and: (Required) You were born in the UK

Should i choose a) One or both your parents are settled in the UK or b) Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary

2. Proof of Mr and Mrs parental responsibility for the child eg A copy of the birth certificate; A parental responsibility order, care order, adoption order or special guardianship order?

we both parents don't have birth certificates. What can be done to tick for this document check list please. could a covering letter mentioning not able to provide birth certificates, instead request them to accept parents passport or school certificates as proof of date of birth etc please.

3. shall i use a family friend as one of the referee please?

Thanks for your help in advance

Kindest regards
vpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:29 pm

1. It is a Section 1(3) registration, ie once either parent is settled.

2. Child birth cert is fine. Parents birth cert not required.

3. You need to use a professional person as a referee and a friend is fine. Both must know the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi CR001

Thanks ever so much ! i have got my ILR last week with your biggest help.

Big relief now as i was worried about parents birth certificates.

I am still waiting for your reply in the FLR M sub forum - subject title - FLR M first application. please help me on that too please.

kindest regards
vpruk