ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA Already with EEA PR - Am I still sponsored? - Naturalisation (Shortcut)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jjvargas
Newly Registered

Non-EEA Already with EEA PR - Am I still sponsored? - Naturalisation (Shortcut)

Post by jjvargas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi
I am Non-EEA and my wife is Polish, I recently received the PR last September (after 5 years with the EEA2) but in the residence card says "As a Family Member of a union citizen"

Type of Permit
PERMANENT RESIDENCE

My question is if I still depend on her exercising treaty rights in the UK ? She is planning to go this summer to the Netherlands for 12 months to a training program and I will be commuting every other week and we are do not want to break any rules.

Another question Is that, She is Applying for the UK passport this coming March but I still need to wait until September to reach the 12 months.

If she becomes British Citizen say this coming June, Can I apply straight away as being married to a British citizen? And not wait until September which is when I reach the 12 months after the PR?

Cheers

secret.simon

Re: Non-EEA Already with EEA PR - Am I still sponsored? - Naturalisation (Shortcut)

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

jjvargas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 pm
My question is if I still depend on her exercising treaty rights in the UK ?
No. Once you have acquired PR, you do not lose it except if you yourself were absent from the Uk for more than two years continuously.
jjvargas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 pm
Another question Is that, She is Applying for the UK passport this coming March but I still need to wait until September to reach the 12 months.

If she becomes British Citizen say this coming June, Can I apply straight away as being married to a British citizen? And not wait until September which is when I reach the 12 months after the PR?
You can apply either after completing 12 months on PR OR on or after the date on her naturalisation certificate/citizenship ceremony, whichever comes first.

Your physical presence requirements will vary between the two options, so you may have to look at that as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jjvargas
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EEA Already with EEA PR - Am I still sponsored? - Naturalisation (Shortcut)

Post by jjvargas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Thanks for the answer.

So In case my wife becomes British Citizen and I straight away apply for my naturalisation then I need to send evidence of lawful residence during the last 3 years.

My question is:

Do I need to send my wife's and mine proof of residence over the last 3 years with our employment details, bank statement or is it only related to my personal proof ? or is it Both until I got my PR and after that then just my proof?

Cheers

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Review the guidance for naturalisation application:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
Application is individual to yourself - don't confuse with PR application.
If you can comply with the requirements (either 5 or 3 year case) then follow exactly what is asked for.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.