ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Question (Driving Conviction Dates)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghu.raju457

ILR Application Question (Driving Conviction Dates)

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:58 am

Hi Experts & Gurus

This forum is always great in help everyone is in need thanks to every one who are making such a big effort.

I have submitted my SET LR (10 years) application yesterday, after submission I am started worrying as I may have filled the wrong dates for my Driving offences.

I have two driving offences in April 2012 and June 2012 for both instances I have paid fine and endorsed with the points (Driving offence was not driving with the correct licence LC20). When I have filled form I have put the dates of convictions not the offence date as I have not realised those are two different dates. Now can I edit these dates?, if I am not able to amend the dates does it make any impact on my application. I have no points on my licence now as this was done more than 6 years ago.

Please advise experts

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application Question (Driving Conviction Dates)

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:21 pm

No need to amend it. You declared them and they have no effect on ILR anyway
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:31 am

Hi Zimba

Thank you very much for your reply

V-ikejio
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by V-ikejio » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 am

I am in a similar position. I have been convicted for drink driving and banned for 9months ( subject to completing the DDR course) I am going to declare this when I apply next month for my ILR. I have been reading posts in this forum about successful ILR applications with drink driving convictions. please advise if a drink driving conviction will affect ILR

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Yes it does. Your ILR is affected 24 months from the date of such conviction
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

V-ikejio
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by V-ikejio » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 pm

I have had news yesterday of someone in a similar situation that applied and was successful. Is this on an individual basis.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:11 am

V-ikejio wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 pm
I have had news yesterday of someone in a similar situation that applied and was successful. Is this on an individual basis.
Not all driving offences are recordable :!: