ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused a life in the UK test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Phil2020
Eritrea

Refused a life in the UK test

Post by Phil2020 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi,

I was today at the test center to do the test, arrived half an hour before the test and was first in line for the identity check, to my utter disappointment after all the preparations I was refused to take the test for a reason not exactly clear to me. It would be helpful if you can throw in any advice or share similar stories.

Anyway, the reason for the refusal is this; for the document check, I brought in two proof of postcode documents (utility bill and bank statement) and my biometric residence permit card. In my biometric card there is my surname, first name, and middle name in my gas utility bill document there is only first name and surname and in my bank statement document, there is my first name, middle name initial letter, and full surname.

The little Hitler said to me the name on your residence permit doesn't match the name on your proof address because your middle name is missing on your proof address, I was kind of shocked and lost for words my full name (surname and first) and my address is in both proof of address documents, I do not use my middle name, do not have any document besides the biometric that has my middle name.

Have read the Home Office's which it says "You must bring evidence of your address. This must show your full name. It must include the postcode you used to book the test and must be less than three months old."

I had two evidence of address documents and both of them show my full name of surname and first name and the postcode I used to book the test. The HO says "full name" (whatever that means) but it doesn't say that the proof address must include a middle name. I don't use middle names my "full name" is my surname and first name.

Here you have it, now being forced to include my middle name in my utility bills...

shankar981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Refused a life in the UK test

Post by shankar981 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 pm

This is ridiculous!

By any chance, do you have the full name on your driving license? The 3 month old rule for address proof does not apply for driving license.

Phil2020
Eritrea

Re: Refused a life in the UK test

Post by Phil2020 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:31 am

I lost my wallet including my driving license recently, I'm waiting for the replacement to be sent out. That is why I had to use other documents mentioned on the guideline to prove my address.

I never knew it's compulsory to have a middle name to prove who I am and my address