ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of having funds to support your stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sp3ctre

Proof of having funds to support your stay

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:29 pm

If someone applies for a visa and needs to prove they have funds to support their stay, do they actually need the money in the account, or will other documents suffice?

My GF has sold her house and has the documents to prove it, but the money is not yet in her account. Does she have to wait until it is or will the proof of the sale be enough?

Thanks

EDIT: if it makes a difference, this is a student visa application

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:14 pm

If you were selling a car, and someone said "I haven't actually got any money in the bank, but look at these papers, I've just sold my house", would you let them take the car away?

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:If you were selling a car, and someone said "I haven't actually got any money in the bank, but look at these papers, I've just sold my house", would you let them take the car away?
No. I hear your point, but I guess you are not speaking from experience here.

I suspect they will want proof, but the form also mentions assets too, so I wondered if it was possible to use the documents instead.

Obviously in an ideal world we would wait for the sale to complete and funds to be in the account, but we are just under some time pressure so I thought I would ask.

philgeorge999

Re: Proof of having funds to support your stay

Post by philgeorge999 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:42 pm

Why don't you check the IND website:
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk

It tells you exactly which forms of evidence they accept.

phil

sp3ctre wrote:If someone applies for a visa and needs to prove they have funds to support their stay, do they actually need the money in the account, or will other documents suffice?

My GF has sold her house and has the documents to prove it, but the money is not yet in her account. Does she have to wait until it is or will the proof of the sale be enough?

Thanks

EDIT: if it makes a difference, this is a student visa application

sp3ctre

Re: Proof of having funds to support your stay

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:47 pm

philgeorge999 wrote:Why don't you check the IND website:
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk

It tells you exactly which forms of evidence they accept.

phil
Thanks Phil, I have looked on several visa and immigration sites but hadn't seen that one. I have just had a look and don't seem to be able to find the info specifically relating to evidence.

I am looking at the following page:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyi ... igibility/

Am I missing a link somewhere (about the evidence needed), if so please would you mind pointing it out to me?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, I appreciate your assistance.

J