ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Decision Withdrawal after appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mchowdhury
Newly Registered
France

EEA Family Permit - Decision Withdrawal after appeal

Post by mchowdhury » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 am

Hi all,

My wife's application for EEA Family Permit was rejected in August 2018 and we appealed against this rejection on the same month. This week my wife received an email with a letter from Sheffield stating the following :
***********email **********
I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on XX/08/2018 to refuse
your application.
The original refusal decision has been withdrawn and a recommendation made to the
Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided to grant entry
clearance.
The reasons for the withdrawal are:
- The review has identified that documentation provided with the application meets the
regulations
It will only be under rare circumstances that this withdrawal will not result in the grant of
entry clearance. Such circumstances would be those that, even in the event of an allowed
appeal, would cause the Secretary of State not to grant entry clearance. It is therefore
submitted that there is no good reason not to permit the withdrawal. Pursuant to Tribunal
Procedure Rule 17(2), the respondent respectfully requests that this appeal be
withdrawn.
The Decision Making Centre will contact you in due course with further information about
any next steps you need to take.
This letter is being copied to the Tribunal.

Then today, we received a letter by post with the following in brief:

**********letter ***********
The Secretary of State has notified the Tribunal that the decision to which this appeal relates has been withdrawn.

Under Rule 17(2) of the Tribunal Procedure (First-tier Tribunal) (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Rules 2014 the Tribunal must treat your appeal as withdrawn unless there is a good reason not to do so.

If there is a good reason why your appeal should not be treated as withdrawn you must write to the Tribunal within the time limit set out below specifying those reasons which will be considered by the Tribunal on the papers before it.

If you consent to your appeal being withdrawn you should also inform the Tribunal of your consent.

Your reply specifying good reason for the appeal not being treated as withdrawn or consent to the withdrawal of your appeal must be received:

a) within 14 days of this notice if you are in United Kingdom
b) within 28 days of this notice if you are outside of the United Kingdom
c) in either case no later than 7 days before the hearing date (or submission date if your appeal is to be considered on the papers).
**********letter ***********

My question is, is there something we need to do or should we just wait to learn the next step (submitting passport)?

Thank you

Wobblylamppost
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: EEA Family Permit - Decision Withdrawal after appeal

Post by Wobblylamppost » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 pm

I am going through this now. In about a months time you will receive a letter to say your appeal is withdrawn and then you have to wait for Home Office again. They asked for my passport after 6 weeks and have now had it since the beginning of December. I have no idea how long this next process takes and can not get an answer from Home Office.

mchowdhury
Newly Registered
France

Post by mchowdhury » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi,

This is just to get an update. Finally the EEA permit was delivered to my wife.
These are the dates:

07/02/2019 : Received email from Sheffield to deposit passport to the local VAC
11/02/2019 : Got call to pick the passport up from the VAC with EEA Permit stamped.

Thanks. We'r so close to Brexit ... need to hurry for a quick visit before the frontier gets hot! :)

Sassou
Newly Registered
France

Post by Sassou » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:41 am

mchowdhury wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:11 pm
Hi,

This is just to get an update. Finally the EEA permit was delivered to my wife.
These are the dates:

07/02/2019 : Received email from Sheffield to deposit passport to the local VAC
11/02/2019 : Got call to pick the passport up from the VAC with EEA Permit stamped.

Thanks. We'r so close to Brexit ... need to hurry for a quick visit before the frontier gets hot! :)
Hi, I’m opening this topic again as my boyfriend just received the same email and letter. I wanted to ask you, did you wife replied to the letter to consent to the withdrawn, or did you just wait?
Thank you for your help!