ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O) Cohabitation Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ABasu
Mood:
India

ILR Set(O) Cohabitation Documents

Post by ABasu » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

The time has finally come that the wife and I apply for our ILR by the end of the month. And we are now getting the cohab documents ready and scanned. She is the main Tier 2 General holder and I and our daughter are applying as dependants.

So, from what I know, we need to submit 1 document per quarter in our joint names for the last 2 years. If we don't have a joint letter, we need to submit 3 separate documents for each of us per quarter for the 2 years leading up to the application date.

My questions around individual documents, please choose one of the choices per question -

Bank Statements - Online/Stamped/Bank Stationery
Credit Card Statements - Online/Stamped/Bank Stationery
O2/Vodafone Statements - Yes/No
Invoices for professional subscriptions - Yes/No (eg printed invoice from PMI or ISACA)
Tesco/Argos/Costco Statements - Yes/No

Generic question - Although highly unlikely that we won't have sufficient documents, someone in the office told me anything, literally ANYTHING, including a letter from Tesco or a parking fine letter would suffice as evidence. Is this correct?

Again, looking for some valuable feedback from all of you.

CR, you have been through my entire immigration journey (since 2012) and would love to see you be a part of this last 100 meters.

Thanks,
Abhijeet.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(O) Cohabitation Documents

Post by marcnath » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm

The requirements state:

Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

"Official" is not defined, nor is the actual number and frequency of evidences.

This is what I provided for my ILR:

1. UK Visa and Immigration extension approval letter, March 2015 – 2 No
2. Council Tax bill – Feb 2016
3. Lease agreement – Feb 2016
4. Council Tax bill – March 2016
5. Water bill – August 2016
6. Water bill – February 2017

Except for the 1st one, all others had both names.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm
The requirements state:

Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

Thanks for your reply. I am generally aware of the requirements and have these specific questions about the evidenced that I have listed.

If anyone can help me with the documents and their related questions that I have asked for, it would be absolutely great!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 pm

ABasu wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm
marcnath wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm
The requirements state:

Thanks for your reply. I am generally aware of the requirements and have these specific questions about the evidenced that I have listed.

If anyone can help me with the documents and their related questions that I have asked for, it would be absolutely great!
To repeat, there is no definition of acceptable documents.

Of the documents you listed, Bank statements are generally the only one accepted for proof of address by banks, etc. So, if you have those spread across the period, I am quite confident HO will be satisfied with it. All the others would be optional extras and adding them are not going to be a negative.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 pm

I dont have done this but ur documents looks fine.
Even on this forum i have seen people using school letters as a proof too which means any type of correspondence is acceptable. Also GP letters, Tv license letter or fine/penalty letters had been used by forum members.