ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to Croydon this Friday, thanks for your advice!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HappyMarriage
Newly Registered

Going to Croydon this Friday, thanks for your advice!

Post by HappyMarriage » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:08 am

Hi all,

My husband (uk) and I (overseas student visa) got married in may in london. as we want to get the flr m we will go to Croydon this Friday but before would like to ask you all a few questions:

1.What kind of evidence do they ask for regarding my studies? (english language college)

2. Do they ask for attendance records (percentage)?

3. Now, talking about finances...is there a figure we should have every month?

my husband does have a good job and gets enough money to pay bills. whereas, i have not been working very much at all...but got enough money from past savings to get around...i really want to get a full time job soon after getting this visa though!

4. is there any way to show them my 'employability' (spanish masters degree, plus tons of relevant work experience in germany, usa -with work visas in other passports)? should i take my uni diplomas with me?

5. what do you recommend us to present regarding finances for the last 3 months? we have his payslips and bank statements... my bank statement is significantly less but it shows them that i have money moving around. or should i not bother aobut showing mine as in section 6 of application it shows that i am not working with no income?

6. is it advisable to show any job search? ie. im registered with an agency online and get a weekly email with job opportunities.

7. is there any other documents, evidence you all recommend us to take with us? photos, emails, etc?

all your advice and suggestions are welcome

thank you very much

BEST

Happy

:D

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Re: Going to Croydon this Friday, thanks for your advice!

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 am

HappyMarriage wrote:Hi all,

My husband (uk) and I (overseas student visa) got married in may in london. as we want to get the flr m we will go to Croydon this Friday but before would like to ask you all a few questions:

1.What kind of evidence do they ask for regarding my studies? (english language college)

2. Do they ask for attendance records (percentage)?

3. Now, talking about finances...is there a figure we should have every month?

my husband does have a good job and gets enough money to pay bills. whereas, i have not been working very much at all...but got enough money from past savings to get around...i really want to get a full time job soon after getting this visa though!

4. is there any way to show them my 'employability' (spanish masters degree, plus tons of relevant work experience in germany, usa -with work visas in other passports)? should i take my uni diplomas with me?

5. what do you recommend us to present regarding finances for the last 3 months? we have his payslips and bank statements... my bank statement is significantly less but it shows them that i have money moving around. or should i not bother aobut showing mine as in section 6 of application it shows that i am not working with no income?

6. is it advisable to show any job search? ie. im registered with an agency online and get a weekly email with job opportunities.

7. is there any other documents, evidence you all recommend us to take with us? photos, emails, etc?

all your advice and suggestions are welcome

thank you very much

BEST

Happy

I take it that you have an appointment?

HappyMarriage
Newly Registered

Post by HappyMarriage » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Yes, we have an appt for this Friday.

all your ideas, suggestions, and comments are welcome

Thanks!

HappyMarriage
Newly Registered

Post by HappyMarriage » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi all,

I know I asked many questions which might discourage some people to reply, sorry.

If you just let me know anything about the school documents that are normally required? grades? attendance?

but if you can answer any of the other questions, that would be grand! thanks

thanks!

Happy

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:41 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HappyMarriage
Newly Registered

Post by HappyMarriage » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Thank you Vinny for your great help!

ive read all of those links... it is interesting how some applicants have been asked to get some 'extra documents' not listed on any website or form...for example, if you read the law 284 from the link you gave us, it does not state anything about attendance...intriguing, isnt it? :)

well, just to be safe i will get a letter from my school that shows my satisfactory progress and normal attendance.

is it okay to show a steady transaction of money, coming in and out of my bank account, rather than a mere figure?

any comments of this financial issue anyone?

best

Happy

Nowty

Post by Nowty » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 pm

Please let us know how you get on, especially if they ask for student records or tax records, etc. My girlfriend is applying for an unmarried partner visa from having a student visa in about 6 weeks time. I am still debating whether to post her application or apply for a private appointment.