ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bouchra9782
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

EEA Family permit in UK

Post by Bouchra9782 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 am

Hi,

Im a Belgian national, London based, getting married in May 5 2019, in Mexico to my Mexican partner.
As a consultant, im currently on a long term project (8months) till end of June 2019 In Birmingham during which my accommodation (one-bed apartment) is paid by my employer and subsequently expensed to the Client.

Im confused on how the accommodation rule applies to my situation.
Is the contract between my employer and the serviced apartment provider in addition to an employer letter explaining the situation and their approval for my partner to join me in the serviced apartment sufficient to satisfy the accommodation rule?

any guidance/thoughts would be appreciated, Bo

kamoe
European Union

Re: EEA Family permit in UK

Post by kamoe » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Bouchra9782 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 am
Is the contract between my employer and the serviced apartment provider in addition to an employer letter explaining the situation and their approval for my partner to join me in the serviced apartment sufficient to satisfy the accommodation rule?
Do you currently live with your partner in that apartment? Or is this just future arrangement?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Bouchra9782
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Post by Bouchra9782 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi,

This is my current sutuation but partner to join after marriage so he is currently not living with me.

Im wondering if i should take my own glat to avoid any risk the permit being refused on that basis.

Thank you

makalele
Newly Registered

Post by makalele » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:14 am

If your employer can confirmed that they pay for the flat and aware that you are bring your family member and the apartment is convenient for both of you. There should not be a problem. My friend just recently brought her sister from Africa to UK under family permit and her accommodation was provided by the employer and she got a confirmation from the employer confirming that the accommodation is convenient for both of them and they are aware she bring her sister to UK. family permit was issued from High risk country. The only different is that it was a 2 bedroom house

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 am

Bouchra9782 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:09 pm
Im wondering if i should take my own glat to avoid any risk the permit being refused on that basis.
I don't think it would be an issue. What the HO wants is a confirmation that you will have a place to live, and I don't see how an apartment that is suitable for one cannot be suitable for a couple.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Bouchra9782
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Post by Bouchra9782 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Very much appreciated for your response.
So in both of your opinions it should not be an issue to proceed with an accomodation providen and paid by my employer?
The application will be submitted in may and my accomodation is planned to be till the end of june which is when my current project ends.
That wont be an issue right?
Im on a permanent contract and after project will return to london and get my own flat.
Just to make sure if its unnecessary to get own apartment solely on that basis although i make sufficient to evidence im capable to pay for a flat (65K per year).

Thank you

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Bouchra9782 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 pm
So in both of your opinions it should not be an issue to proceed with an accomodation providen and paid by my employer?
Correct, from my perspective.
The application will be submitted in may and my accomodation is planned to be till the end of june which is when my current project ends.
Ah, I haven't realized it would be only a month. In that case, best to have the next flat lined up.
That wont be an issue right?
Im on a permanent contract and after project will return to london and get my own flat.
Well... when would you be getting your apartment if it was just for yourself? I know in London things can be done immediately and I've heard sometimes you only need to start seeing flats with only a few weeks notice, but wondering, if it's something you have to do anyway in the future, maybe it's not a bad idea to start looking now if it is at all possible. If, on the other hand, it is difficult or nearly impossible to get a flat in London with such a long notice, then you can explain that in the application.

Bouchra9782
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Post by Bouchra9782 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi Kamoe,

The project might get extended with a few months but we will only know start of june.
Yes, london apartments usually only get confirmed the month before and i could look into it earlier if it wernt that the project might end up being extended.
Would you advice to explain that in the application or take safe route and get own apartment next month. Only thing would be that due to length of project, id only do a 6month contract, ending end of july.
Would that make a big difference?
Much appreciated Kamoe