ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help ..Baby’s Citizenship and ILR(LR) dependent’s status [ who was previously on tier 2 dependent visa)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Please help ..Baby’s Citizenship and ILR(LR) dependent’s status [ who was previously on tier 2 dependent visa)

Post by Ramsharika » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:00 am

Dear Gurus,
J
I am on Tier 2 General dependent visa currently. My husband recently got his ILR through 10 years Long residence route. I am completing my 5 years on Tier 2 general dependent visa next month. Also, Our baby is born in the UK who is not yet registered as an Indian citizen.My queries are
1) Can I apply for ILR next month? As I have lived in the UK for last 5 years.

2) If not, what should I do next? As my Tier 2 dependent visa will be ending in June 2019 and have holiday plans need to switch my visa ASAP.

3) How much fees should I pay for the service?Including NHS surcharge ?And for how many years?

4) For English language requirement I have NARIC equvalent certificate, it says my degree is equvalent to British standards and I got a letter from my uni saying my medium of study was in English. Is this ok for proof of English knowledge?

5) Can I apply for my baby’s citizenship Now? What are the procedures for baby’s citizenship?What all documents needed and what is the exact fees?

Please kindly help with your valuable answers.
I have checked all my queries online, but I couldn’t find any proper answers.Hence I am posting my query here.

This forum always helped me a lot. Thank you all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please help ..Baby’s Citizenship and ILR(LR) dependent’s status [ who was previously on tier 2 dependent visa)

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 am

1. No you cannot. You would only have been able to apply for ILR if your spouse got ILR through the PBS route and not the Long residence route.

2. You have to apply to switch to FLR(M) spouse visa and meet all the requirements.

3. Visa fee is £1033 plus £1000 Immigration health surcharge. There are extra fees depending on what service you use to submit your application. You will get a visa for 2.5 years validity.

4. Not sure, you likely need the English NARIC assessment too.

5. Yes you can as your spouse has ILR. Please ask British citizenship questions in the British Citizenship sub forum, link below. Cost is just over £1000.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.