ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to submit the passports in 60 days-need help

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soh
Newly Registered

Unable to submit the passports in 60 days-need help

Post by soh » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:33 pm

We are in very critical stage now. We are in UK on HSMP from last two years and we had our HSMP extension in June 2008.
On the other hand, we also received the letter from CHC for submitting our passports for visa stamping in 60 days. We filed the case for migrating to canada in 2005 and after 3 long years and putting so much affort and ofcourse lots of money, we have reached to the final stage of canada immigration process.
me and my husband is so worried and feeling very helpless now that what will happen as not in any case we are able to submit our passports in the limit of 60 days as UK homeoffice takes atleast 8-12 weeks or sometimes longer (may be months, it is very uncertain and unpredictable).

Can anyone please reply me that in this case, what I can do as I don;t want to lose my chance of canada immigration and on the other hand I need atleast 4-5 months in UK to wind up everything before moving to canada.
Please reply me at the earliest

alihatfield

hi

Post by alihatfield » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:39 pm

when did u file ur case in 2005 and when u got reply from CHC

soh
Newly Registered

Post by soh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:35 pm

we files a case in feb2005, and got our interview in june 2007 last year but our file was delayed as I was pregnant with our first child..
my daughter was born in jan 2008. after jan , we received new medical papers in apr 2008. we submitted our medical report in apr 2008 along with the landing fees. and now i got visa letter.
but we are unable to submit the passports in 60 days limit. can any one help please......

TRV

Post by TRV » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 am

soh,
we are also in a similar situation but have e-mailed Canadian embassy in london for an extension of three months but have been given extension for two months on top of the 60days to submit passports for visa stamping. So we have just sent the passports and waiting to get it back. While sending the passports, we have attached a print out of the e-mail that they sent us granting extension, just in case...

fingers crossed, still waiting our passports to be returned with visa but bear in mind any extension to submit the passport should be within a year of your medicals as that will be the duration of the visa given to you to enter canada..also allow 4-6 weeks for canadian embassy to issue the visa if sent by post or shorter if present in person in london.

good luck...

alihatfield

UK is better or canda is better

Post by alihatfield » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi I am also in similar case embassy is given me 60 days to submit ielts and deadline is 9 june my ielts date is 14 june also I have send the request for a extension to embassy along with confirmation slip of ielts which i will attempt on 14 june, but no reply from embassy for the extension so what shall i do.

Also I want to knw that you guys are on hsmp in uk why ur leaving uk and going to canada becuz you have start every thing from new this thing make me worry what shall i do either shall i live in uk or canda can u advice me which place is better to live in all propescts.

regards
alu
TRV wrote:soh,
we are also in a similar situation but have e-mailed Canadian embassy in london for an extension of three months but have been given extension for two months on top of the 60days to submit passports for visa stamping. So we have just sent the passports and waiting to get it back. While sending the passports, we have attached a print out of the e-mail that they sent us granting extension, just in case...

fingers crossed, still waiting our passports to be returned with visa but bear in mind any extension to submit the passport should be within a year of your medicals as that will be the duration of the visa given to you to enter canada..also allow 4-6 weeks for canadian embassy to issue the visa if sent by post or shorter if present in person in london.

good luck...

soh
Newly Registered

Post by soh » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:26 pm

Thank you for your reply..very needful help..
but i would like to know that for asking an extension from CHC, do i need to sent them an acknowledgement letter from UK Homeoffice?
and one more question..my 60 days limit from CHC expires on 12th july. so when should i sent them a letter asking for an extension?
It would again a huge help if you answer my these two questions.

alihatfield

EXTENSION

Post by alihatfield » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:22 pm

YES U HAVE TO SUBMIT THE ACK LETTER TO CHC AS U RECIVED FROM HOME OFFICE

I HAVE ONE QUESTION MY IELTS SUBMIT DATE IS 9 JUNE FROM CHC ON THE TOP OF THAT HOW MANY DAYS CHC LONDON GIVES THE EXTENSION PERIOD.

REGARDS
SID

soh wrote:Thank you for your reply..very needful help..
but i would like to know that for asking an extension from CHC, do i need to sent them an acknowledgement letter from UK Homeoffice?
and one more question..my 60 days limit from CHC expires on 12th july. so when should i sent them a letter asking for an extension?
It would again a huge help if you answer my these two questions.

TRV

Post by TRV » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:10 pm

folks,
the best bet is to ask london canadian embassy, while every case is different, they would be best placed to be asked and get that extension in writing. I would e-mail them first - simple option, then may be followed up by documents by post.

cheers and good luck...

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:18 am

Alihatfield / TRV,

Did you apply from within UK or outside?

Would you know whether it is possible to get the medicals and passport stamping done in UK if an application was made from outside UK but the applicant is now resident in UK? If so, any idea what to communicate to CHC where the application was made?

I haven't yet informed CHC that I am currently resident in UK. Planning to do so when I get the updation request.

Thanks in advance.

regards

TRV

Post by TRV » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:19 pm

I lived outside UK when I applied in London, moved to US and done medicals in USA. Passports again sent by post for stamping and got it back. It doesn't metter where you moved over the years while your application is being processed, keep embassy updated with your address so that all communications reach you in time for you to respond.

alihatfield

ukjob forme

Post by alihatfield » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi UKjob forme

I have applied from london still in london at the moment and application is in still in process.

ukjobsforme wrote:Alihatfield / TRV,

Did you apply from within UK or outside?

Would you know whether it is possible to get the medicals and passport stamping done in UK if an application was made from outside UK but the applicant is now resident in UK? If so, any idea what to communicate to CHC where the application was made?

I haven't yet informed CHC that I am currently resident in UK. Planning to do so when I get the updation request.

Thanks in advance.

regards