ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it ok to ask Refund of super priority fees?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veluv
Newly Registered
India

is it ok to ask Refund of super priority fees?

Post by veluv » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:47 am

Hi,

I and my wife applied Tier2 general to ILR on 19th Dec 2018, Biometrics done on 27th in Sopra steria office Birmingham with super priority mode.

no updates from UKVI.
Last week that is 15th Jan 2019, i've to reach out to my local MP seeking some help as i've not heard anything from home office.

On 17th Jan i got an first update from Home office questioning about my application that if my child is living with me and are we planning to applying extension for the child? we replied that we will apply citizenship after we get ILR and had already uploaded proof of child birth certificate etc, so not sure why HO didn't look at this.
then we got ILR granted.

Is it ethical or correct to ask Home office, that 24hours super priority service is not met and hence priority fees to be refunded or best is to just move on with the life.

Please advise
Velu.V

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: is it ok to ask Refund of super priority fees?

Post by bruteforce » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:54 am

Perfectly ethical, you have paid for a service therefore you expect to get that service or ask your money back.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:56 am

Regarding refunds, this has been covered many times in the existing topic we already have. Suggest read through the thread.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... -1800.html
had already uploaded proof of child birth certificate etc, so not sure why HO didn't look at this.
How do you expect HO ILR team to simply assume you are going to register the child if you submitted a birth certificate with your ILR application?? It is NORMAL for them to question you if you don't apply for ILR for a child that already has an existing visa. It is all to do about safeguarding children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

veluv
Newly Registered
India

Post by veluv » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:59 am

Many Thanks for the prompt reply.

Kind Regards.