ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application TIER (Genral) 5 year route with 20 hrs supplementary work

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rish10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 PBS ILR 20 hours extra hours same job level less than 20 hours per week

Post by Rish10 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 am

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are well and having good start of new year.

My query is regarding 20 hours supplementary work I did in 2017 and how to show it in application form and what evidences are required to make it less complex when I submit application next month

Additional work : Same job level and responsibilities as sponsored by main employer
Hours: Never worked more than 20 hours per week Have P60 from them
Issue: They area bit difficult and not giving any letter as such to confirm details I asked for but just stating I worked for them as part time staff for year 2017 etc
( I asked them to kindly include on the letter that- I worked with them for up to 20 hours per week and was working on same job as sponsored by main employer and never exceeding 20 hours per week during this employment)

Could you please kindly advise me on supplementary work issue please?

1.How to show that in application form/cover letter etc?
2.What evidence shall I submit with my application.
3. Is it mandatory to state this information ( As they can access HMRC data and can see I worked at this employer)
4. Do they put decision on hold on this kind of cases for further checks normally?

I will appreciate your guidance on this as I am so worried about it at the moment.

(P.S I have P60 for all 5 years and letters from all other employments during my stay on Tier 2)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 PBS ILR 20 hours extra hours same job level less than 20 hours per week

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 am

There is no requirement to include employer letters for supplementary employment.

Tier 2 ILR is based ONLY on your main Tier 2 sponsor job.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rish10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 PBS ILR 20 hours extra hours same job level less than 20 hours per week

Post by Rish10 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 am

Than k you so much for your reply! Much appreciated!

Employer 1 : March 2014 to Jan 2015
No absences from the UK
Have P60 and P45

Employer 2: Jan 2015 to May 2016
Absences from UK - twice
In April for 18 days
In June for 20 days
Have P60 from them
Confirmation of employment letter with leaves mentioned on it requested ( awaiting response)

Employer 3: May 2016to current
One absence from UK in Nov 16 for 20 days.
Have P60s from them
Confirmation of employment letter with mention of absences in November as annual leave.

Employer 4: April 2017 to Dec 2017
20 hours supplementary work
P60 for the year 2017-18

Along with these I am submitting 3 months Bank statement and 3 Payslips

Can I apply 28 days on 06/02/2019 i.e. before 5 years completion on 05/03/2019 ?

Anything I need to add extra as supporting evidence?

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:07 am

Can I apply 28 days on 06/02/2019 i.e. before 5 years completion on 05/03/2019 ?
You can apply no sooner than within 28 before the 5th anniversary of your initial visa ISSUE date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rish10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application TIER (Genral) 5 year route with 20 hrs supplementary work

Post by Rish10 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 am

Dear all,

My application is based on Tier 2 (General) 5 years route.

1. Can some one please help me with the supporting documents to be submitted with ILR application please?

2. Supplementary work and Documents required,

Additional work : Same job level and responsibilities as sponsored by main employer
Hours: Never worked more than 20 hours per week
Issue: They area bit difficult and not giving any letter as such to confirm details I asked for - but just stating I worked for them as part time staff for year 2017 etc but Have P60 from them

Can someone who had similar issue help me with the format of the letter to be submitted?

Could you please kindly advise me on supplementary work issue please?

1.How to show that in application form/cover letter etc?
2.What evidence shall I submit with my application.
3. Is it mandatory to state this information ( As they can access HMRC data and can see I worked at this employer)

I will appreciate your guidance on this as I am so worried about it at the moment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 am
There is no requirement to include employer letters for supplementary employment.

Tier 2 ILR is based ONLY on your main Tier 2 sponsor job.
Was something in the above response unclear??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rish10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application TIER (Genral) 5 year route with 20 hrs supplementary work

Post by Rish10 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 am

Dear Cr001,

Thanks for kindly replying to my query and your suggestion about not tagging question in other topic. As a new member I wasn't aware of that. I will make sure I wont do it again.

Yes your response was clear and I got the message but on the weekend someone confused me by saying that you would need all possible evidences for supplementary work too. (as it appear on HMRC check) Hence I posted it to double check and asked for any format of letter available for the same or how to state that in cover letter etc.

Apologies if I was repeating my question but I can genuinely tell you that it was bit worrying for me. I highly appreciate all your advise.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:23 am

Page 63 onwards in the policy guidance. Clearly states it is ONLY your main tier 2 job and earnings that are considered and that evidence is required.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2018.pdf

If you wish to add a note in the 'additional information' explaining you can, but do not over complicate your application by submitting unnecessary documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rish10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rish10 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 am

Yes- that's a great advise. I will keep it simple .

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.