ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to Specify my Limited Company if not using its income

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london7733
Newly Registered

Do I need to Specify my Limited Company if not using its income

Post by london7733 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi

My spouse's 5 years are completing in March 2019. I have had a look at the application form and it asks "if the sponsor is director of a limited company. "

I work as a Full-time employee (last 5 years) in IT industry and it is my only source of income and it is the income I will use for my spouse's ILR application.

But I formed a limited company in October 2018, as I was in a situation where I may have been laid off. There is no income for my limited company, it is not yet registered with HMRC and not even a bank account. I am also in the process of closing it with DS form. I am the sole Director as well.

The question on the online application form is
"Are they a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in UK? "

If I click yes, then it says
"I will Provide the following documents as evidence: Evidence as directed by Appendix FM-SE for a director and non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK"

If I clock No, then it may against the application for not declaring the company.

Question: Is the above question on the application form is for people using the income of the limited company for the visa application or for people like myself as well, who have a limited company but not using the income towards the application?

My apologies if I have dragged the question at this length.

Kind regards

Mohammad

london7733
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to Specify my Limited Company if not using its income

Post by london7733 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Apologies, the application form is Set(M) 5 years to ILR.

Subject I guess should be:
Do I need to Specify and give evidence of my Limited Company if not using income from it.

london7733
Newly Registered

Post by london7733 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:05 pm

This post can be closed. I have got my answer.

If the limited company is being used to receive income and then also used for the ILR application, then the details of the Limited company should be added.

"Evidence as directed by Appendix FM-SE for a director or a non-executive director of a
limited company based in the UK - for (NAME of PERSON) for (Employment Title"

sas130130130
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sas130130130 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 am

Hi Mohammad.

I'm in the same situation. Can you advise me. But only difference I get income from my Ltd company. Should we tick yes for this question. I'm employed elsewhere. Thanks

Just4mey
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Just4mey » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi Mohammed,

Pls I am in exact situation. Are you able to advise how you went about the situation.

In my own case my ltd company is dormant as I haven’t traded for over a year. I am relying on my salaried employment for ILR Application. Thanks.

london7733
Newly Registered

Post by london7733 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi
I have not submitted my application yet.
I will say no to the limited company as I am not relying on the funds from it.
I have checked with an immigration advisor - a friend of mine - And He has suggested the same.
I hope it helps.
Thanks

Just4mey
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Just4mey » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks a lot!