ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study visa - spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jjloubser
Newly Registered

Study visa - spouse

Post by jjloubser » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 am

My question relates to study visas. Should my wife be granted a study visa to study at the University of Galway and the duration is 4 years & it is a degree course. If she is granted her visa, how does that affect me, her spouse. If I want to accompany her & work, would I need to apply for a work permt/green card or do I get a dependancy visa (as is the case in the UK)

We have all the finances in place & also have a person who has graciously offered to sponsor her, should that be nessacary.

We are from South Africa & therefore non EU members.

taurus_vadivel
Newly Registered

NO DEPENDENTS of STUDENTS are allowed to Join to Ireland

Post by taurus_vadivel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:08 am

Hi,

I am a non-eu national studying here in Ireland for the past 2 years, i applied for dependent visa to my wife twice with all FINANCIAL docs and SPONSOR letter from an IRISH person. But it is worthless as because the Irish Immigration policy does work for student spouses as they say "IT IS NOT A GENERAL POLICY" to have dependents in Ireland.

Now, I would suggest you either you also apply for a college as a student and both come to Ireland as students.

Otherwise, go to UK,Australia or CANADA to have good education with no family problems as your spouse can accompany you.

If your intenstion to come to Ireland is for JOB and SETTLEMENT i strongly suggest you to reconsider you decision of migrating to Ireland.

All the best.

Vadi