ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advise for visitor visa for funeral

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pharmgirl
Newly Registered

advise for visitor visa for funeral

Post by Pharmgirl » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:11 pm

hi
my father passed away last week. My sister lives in Taiwan ( student visa, Zimbabwe passport) and would like to apply for visitor visa to attend his memorial service which will be held in the uk on 23/02/19.
we will both be travelling to Zimbabwe next week for burial ceremonies, but will be back on 10/02/19 so that leaves 2 weeks to make application for UK visa ( she cannot apply now as she needs her passport to go to Zimbabwe).
she only wants to come from 22-25 Feb.
Does anyone know where i can find information or has made a visitor visa application to attend funeral in UK?

what documents would you need? This is what i have so far
  • death certificate
    confirmation of memorial service details
    letter from me confirmation she can stay with me (i am a british citizen)
    booked return flight
    copy of my passport
    her taiwan residence status + passports
    her translated bank statements showing she can support herself
    letter from employer confirming employment and granting leave of absence (she works part time, although she will be coming just for weekend so only needs 2 days of including travel days)
    evidence of her academic course ( she is a phd student)]
my only worry is that our whole family except her live in the uk ( british citizens/ permanent residences). Her pHd is due to finish this year. She is planning on starting a business + stay working part time in Taiwan. She tried to come and visit last year but was refused a visa as apparently her bank statement figures had not been translated to english

thanks