ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECS delay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ceecee11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right to work while waiting for my application

Post by Ceecee11 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Hello guys im new to this, im having a hard time trying to find answers. I have recently applied for Brp to be transfered as ILR, i understant how long it takes and the whole processes, all i want to know is..is there a way i could request to work while i wait for the application?
((Young adult who is desperate to know asking)))

WhoAreYou
BANNED
European Union

Re: Right to work while waiting for my application

Post by WhoAreYou » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Request to who?

How can the new employer allow you to work without proof, which is a BRP?

Ceecee11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Working while waiting for BRP

Post by Ceecee11 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Hello Guys, i am in a very bad state at the moment. I applied for BRP to be transfered as NTL because my old ILR was in an expired passport. I was employed at the time and due to personal affairs, i had to relocate and look for a new job. I applied and got a job as HCA. However, new employer asked me to get back to her until the BRP arrives. Its very frustating because this will be taking months and I need money:( (as we all do).
I sent my application on : 24/11/18
biometric letter sent :dated 17/12/18, sent 20/11/18
visited post office to enrol: 21/11/18.. the rest are all pending

If anyone can assist me, is there a way,i could work while waiting for this to arrive?

Ceecee11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Right to work while waiting for my application

Post by Ceecee11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm

[quote=WhoAreYou post_id=1726774 time=1547066704 user_id=209629]
Request to who?

How can the new employer allow you to work without proof, which is a BRP?
[/quote

I have proof, from other immigration documents and a case reference number, my documents are witht the home office.

srsw

Re: Working while waiting for BRP

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 pm

The employer can do "The UKVI Employer Checking Service" and HO will confirm that your application is under process and they will give permission for you to work for 6 months (during which time you should receive your BRP... if not, they can use the employer checking service once again before 6 months runs out).

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Ceecee11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ceecee11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Oh wow, thank you for your response. What a relief! I will get in contact with my employer and share this information.I hope it all goes well.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Ceecee11 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:04 pm
Oh wow, thank you for your response. What a relief! I will get in contact with my employer and share this information.I hope it all goes well.
You're welcome. All the best.

Ceecee11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ceecee11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi there, I have a random question, do you know it is possible to have a DBS check, while my documents are still at the home office.

Ceecee11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ECS delay

Post by Ceecee11 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:32 pm

I recently asked my employer to use the ECS (17.01.19) and check my right to work as I have an outstanding application with the Home Office. I have read everywhere that the process takes up to five working days to get a response from the Home Office. Its now been a week, havent heard from my employer. I am assuming there is a delay from the Home office.Has anyone else suffered this experience of a delayed respose.

Queenie
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: ECS delay

Post by Queenie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi ceecee11. I am in the same boat as you. I am still waiting for a reply from home office regarding my ecs. I have been terminated from work due to a negative ecs but i have an ongoing àppeal application from UT.
Have you got yours yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Queenie wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 pm
Hi ceecee11. I am in the same boat as you. I am still waiting for a reply from home office regarding my ecs. I have been terminated from work due to a negative ecs but i have an ongoing àppeal application from UT.
Have you got yours yet?
Your circumstances are completely different to user 'ceecee11' who already holds ILR in an expired passport and only needs a BRP.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ftt-hearin ... l#p1663256
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Queenie
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Queenie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:44 pm
Queenie wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 pm
Have you got yours yet?
Your circumstances are completely different to user 'ceecee11' who already holds ILR in an expired passport and only needs a BRP.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ftt-hearin ... l#p1663256
Ceecee11 post was all about ECS delay and I was curious if she has had a reply from HO yet as I have been waiting as well. That was all

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:27 pm

ECS checks are being turned round within the SLA of 5 working days in about 96% of the time. It is very unusual to have cases that go beyond 10 working days.

I suggest you contact your respective employers to confirm that they have the returned checks because if they are saying they don’t something is very wrong.