ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Daughter Travel Home country with Tier 2 Dependent visa while parents for ILR BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghu.raju457

Can Daughter Travel Home country with Tier 2 Dependent visa while parents for ILR BRP

Post by raghu.raju457 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 am

Hi All & Experts

Can some one please answer me or share your knowledge on the below

Me and my wife both got approval email for ILR (LR) on 10 years basis, we have not applied ILR for my daughter as she was born in England and she currently holds Tier 2 Dependent visa until October 2020.

Can she travel India with her current visa as we are waiting for BRP with my parents. Once I have BRP and right time to apply for MN1 I will bring her back to UK and apply the process before her visa expires?

I know she can travel with the dependent visa if I would have applied for ILR based on tier 2 but I have applied through long residence I am not sure she can travel can someone please let me know

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can Daughter Travel Home country with Tier 2 Dependent visa while parents for ILR BRP

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:55 am

You risk her being refused entry to the UK as her visa could be considered invalid. The rules changed a long time ago for PBS Dependents of ILR LR applicants and we have had members in the past post that their visas were cancelled and entry denied.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raghu.raju457

Re: Can Daughter Travel Home country with Tier 2 Dependent visa while parents for ILR BRP

Post by raghu.raju457 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:16 am

Thank you CR001 you are star

I wont Risk then I will wait until my Daughter's British Citizenship application is finished

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:21 am

Link to the changes in the rules in April 2014 below.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.