ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maliksabi
Newly Registered

applying for spouse Visa

Post by maliksabi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 pm

hi everyone
we are applying for uk spouse visa i want to know do i need to send my passport to uk with English and TB test? just a bit confused about it

nsxx
United States of America

Re: applying for spouse Visa

Post by nsxx » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:03 pm

the applicant will need to submit their valid passport along with all the supporting documents including any required english and TB tests to Sheffield if that’s where you’ve been told to send.

Lallen
United Kingdom

Post by Lallen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:15 pm

maliksabi wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 pm
hi everyone
we are applying for uk spouse visa i want to know do i need to send my passport to uk with English and TB test? just a bit confused about it
Certainly. I'm talking from experience here, my Wife applied from her home country and submitted her passport. She received the entry clearance visa in her passport following the outcome of a successful application.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:35 pm

maliksabi wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 pm
hi everyone
we are applying for uk spouse visa i want to know do i need to send my passport to uk with English and TB test? just a bit confused aubout it
Which country are you applying from?

For example, for Pakistan, the applicant submits their passport and biometrics in Pakistan.

All other documents including English and TB test documents are submitted to Sheffield.

maliksabi
Newly Registered

Post by maliksabi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:58 am

hi everyone thankou so much all of you for your response
my husband is applying from uk and iam here in pakistan someone just told us i need to send my passport with English and Tb test to uk,

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Pakistani folk have a tendency to talk rubbish without knowing or bothering to seek the facts - I’m from Pakistan and know what it’s like!

Once you have completed the online form, you’ll pay the visa fee and also IHS fee (now £400 a year!, so £1,200 total).

When you’ve selected date for the biometrics appointment, you can choose eg Lahore, Islamabad etc. It’s on this appointment email you will see it states you need to take your passport and printed, signed application form - Although they don’t look or take that form from you. You will also submit your biometrics ie fingerprints etc.

Then after that appointment, every other document needs submitting in UK.

Remember you also need to complete Appendix 2

maliksabi
Newly Registered

Post by maliksabi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 pm

thankyou so much for your great response @arismus
its cleared now. Can you please tell me what is priority service fees ? and how much it total cost including visa fees and IHS?
and what is premium service ?