ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query - Tier 2 dependant route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Apamoh
Newly Registered

ILR query - Tier 2 dependant route

Post by Apamoh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello All,

I am in a fix and would like to have an expert opinion and guidance on my situation please.

I came to the UK on Tier 2 Dependant visa in January 2014 after marrying my husband who was on Tier 2 General at that time. Due to changes in circumstances I switched to Tier 2 General in May 2016. The company that sponsored me closed down in June 2017 so I came back to Tier 2 Dependant and am on Tier 2 Dependant since then (my current visa expires in July 2019).

My husband is now on ILR. Since I have completed 5 years in the UK with my husband this January, so I would like to know if I am eligible to apply for ILR dependant looking at my previous visa statuses. I can't find anywhere if being on Tier 2 General will affect my eligibility for ILR this year.

Kindly guide and advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR query - Tier 2 dependant route

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 pm

No you are not eligible for ILR.

Each time you switched between dependent and main tier and back to dependent, your clock for ILR was reset to zero.

Also on what basis did your husband get ILR as previous posts indicate questions about 5 year tier route and 10 years long residence route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Apamoh
Newly Registered

Post by Apamoh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:37 pm

Hello CR001,

Many thanks for your quick reply. My husband got ILR on 5 year route.

Regarding eligibility for ILR it only states that the spouses need to be living together for 5 years and the spouse's current visa should be Tier 2 General Dependant. Can you please provide a link where it details out on the clock reset and actual requirements.

I want to be really sure and can't find anything regarding this online or on government website. Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.