ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am on a dependent visa....looking for divorce. need advice please.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fazz123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

I am on a dependent visa....looking for divorce. need advice please.

Post by fazz123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 am

Helloo,

hope everyone is fine. I need a bit of advice/guidance please. would appreciate if anyone can help.

came in uk - 2009 as student visa for mba
then i transfered to PSW VISA
in 2011 i got married.
in 2019 june it will be 10 years that i can apply for ILR.

unfortunately me and my husband not going well and i decided to apply for divorce. my husband is british citizen and i am on dependant visa. i don't want to get my ILR under his visa. if i get divorce now please let me know what options i have to get visa until my ILR application in June 2019. can i surrender my dependant visa and apply for any new visa? in june can i apply for ILR 10 years route?

please help me with your advice. thanks for your help.

shargaur

Re: I am on a dependent visa....looking for divorce. need advice please.

Post by shargaur » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:21 am

What visa you are on currently and what's the expiry date? Do you work?

fazz123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by fazz123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:31 pm

shargaur wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:21 am
What visa you are on currently and what's the expiry date? Do you work?
i am on dependant visa it will expire on 2021. but i will be eligible for ILR in june 2019. but im applying for divorce now. so my dependant visa will be void if i get divorced. and yes i work. what option i do have?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:43 pm

Strongly suggest you wait till you have ILR before making in decisions you might regret.

As the saying goes : "Act in haste, repent at leisure."

Your spouse is required to inform HO that your relationship has broken down on the prescribed form. This can be before a divorce is initiated or complete. Note a divorce in the UK can take up to 6 months, depending on assets/children etc. If your spouse informs HO, your visa will be curtailed to expire in 60 days from date of curtailment letter.

What other visas would you qualify for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:03 pm

I know it's not a great situation to be in.

You said you will complete 10 years in June 2019. I am not sure but if they still provide one day premium ILR service for 10 years route, if not then you have to do postal which can take six months also.

2019 june. You can apply 28 days before your 10 years route. Wait until then - take time off but don't act in haste. They don't ask for much documentation on 10 years route only legal proof that you are in this country for 10 years - no details of dependent.

fazz123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by fazz123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:43 pm
Strongly suggest you wait till you have ILR before making in decisions you might regret.

As the saying goes : "Act in haste, repent at leisure."

Your spouse is required to inform HO that your relationship has broken down on the prescribed form. This can be before a divorce is initiated or complete. Note a divorce in the UK can take up to 6 months, depending on assets/children etc. If your spouse informs HO, your visa will be curtailed to expire in 60 days from date of curtailment letter.

What other visas would you qualify for??
i would wait if i could but situation got worse. if my husband inform HO my visa will be curtailed. is it gonna make me over stayer? if my visa curtailed what options do i have? can i apply FLO to kill 5 months? if my visa curtailed or void can i apply for ILR in 10 years route? please i appreciate your honest advice. thanks.