ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for 3 year Old Daughter after my ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan_80
Pakistan

Naturalization for 3 year Old Daughter after my ILR

Post by khan_80 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi All
I have got my ILR yesterday as Tier 2 G and now planning to apply for Naturalization for my 3 year old daughter which was born in the UK. As my Wife and 2 other Kids time will be completing by by March to eligible for ILR.

As now we can't use the council service and need to use the Online system. Can some one please Share their experience with this new system and also what documents we need to provide.

I was going though Online Form last night and I was also asking to Enter 2 Referee information as well, does they need to be British citizen or any person.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Naturalization for 3 year Old Daughter after my ILR

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:08 am

Referees
All applicants for British citizenship must provide 2 referees to establish their identity. You must only contact the referees if this could resolve concerns about the application and you have the authority from a senior caseworker to do so.

You must ensure that the following requirements are met: The referee must:
• have known the (adult) applicant for at least 3 years
• a British passport holder and either a professional person or aged over 25 (at
least one referee must be a professional person) The referee must not:
• be related to the applicant or the other referee
• be the applicant’s representative
• be employed by the Home Office
• have been convicted of an imprisonable offence in the last 10 years for which
the sentence is not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
Where the applicant is living outside of the UK and does not know a British citizen passport holder who is a professional or over the age of 25, a commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the country in which they are residing may complete and sign the form providing they meet the other requirements and the consul considers their signature to be acceptable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.