ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on 10 years basis

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MD11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR on 10 years basis

Post by MD11 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi Guys.
I wonder if someone know and can help with advice.
I want to apply for the ILR on the basis of long residency, 10 years. I came to the UK as a student in 2008, I did English language course for one year and then did university studies up to 2016. March 2016 have applied for asylum, in July 2016 my case was refused for asylum, but the HO gave me the right to appeal in the UK, I have appealed against this decision, then my appeal was accpeted and was granted stay as a refugee for 5 years. Now in total I have been in the UK for more than 10 years. Can I apply for the ILR on the basis of long residency. Knowing that I have never broken my visa or overstayed. Also the gaps in the 10 years, way below the limit. Never stayed more than 90 days outside the UK in any year of the 10 years, and the total days outside the UK less than 350 days in total .

Hope I made it clear.
Any advice guys. Should I apply for the ILR?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR on 10 years basis

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 am

Yes you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MD11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MD11 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:07 pm

Thank you Zimba for your reply.
Do you know if the super priority service available for the ILR applications for faster process and decision ( what so called 24 hours decision). It would be much appreciated if you let me know.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:23 pm

Yes it is but there is no guarantee that you will get a quick decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MD11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MD11 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Thank you guys,
one more thing if you can help guys, in the form it says
DUTY TO STATE ALL REASONS TO REMAIN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
All your reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom must be stated
in this application. This requirement is being given under section 120 of the Nationality,
Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. If you do not tell us now of any reasons or grounds
for remaining in the United Kingdom and you tell us later without good reason, you will
lose any right of appeal you may have otherwise qualified for if we refuse your claim.
You can use the box at the end of section 3.2.

I am simply qualified for the ILR and I want to apply. do I need to write anything else. like i want to stay in the UK because i have established and built my life in the UK, like job and friends.

I appreciate your help guys.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:04 am

Simply writing 'Private life' will do
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MD11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MD11 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:39 am

Thanks that's really helpful

MD11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MD11 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:33 am

Hello
Yesterday 11:30 I had my appointment for documents check. I used the super priority service. After 2 hours I got an email confirming that my application is approved and ILR is granted. I am so happy.

Special thanks to Zimba and CR001